99 expy door keypad fudged

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlackBeauty

Reaction score
So I trying to figure out if it works but only the 5/6 button lights up. The 5 digit code on box is incorrect. First number is a 1 but the 3/4 button lights up the interior. Factory code on box incorrect or just wrong sticker? Lol Wtf do I do. I like to leave my truck running but found out the hard way that my fob doesn't unlock it while its running. Haven't had the chance to get another key cut. I make around 100 stops a day in a few diff towns and only for a couple minutes at a time.

B

bedrck46

possible that your key pad isn't making good contact when you press the number try using some force to press them or you may need a new keypad Unless the security has been changed

5.4T

Full Access Members
Reaction score
well I tried changing my code but the factory key always worked no matter if I did change it

98EXPY 5-0

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I like to leave my truck running but found out the hard way that my fob doesn't unlock it while its running.
I have looked high and low to enable the FOB with the engine running with no luck. In fact, I think the FOB doesn't work even if the key is just in the ignition and it's not running (but I don't remember for sure).

If you ever figure out how to disable that, let me know.

As for your main issue, I didn't think it was possible to change the MASTER CODE?

OP
OP
BlackBeauty

BlackBeauty

Reaction score
I still have not figured out why my door pad doesn't work. I won't be able to find out till summer there's too much dam snow to get into my garage

98EXPY 5-0

Full Access Members
Reaction score
so none of it's functions work? The last two buttons pressed together will lock all doors. Does that work?