Door Keypad upgrade?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Samantha1

Reaction score
When I'm out and about, I touch the handle to lock/unlock (key fob is with me). The keypad is handy if I need to get something out and don't have the fob with me.
Samantha

Tiger Bob

Reaction score
Same thing developed with my Taurus. Had a heck of a time getting those codes punched in properly to open the doors. After a few years, I finally noticed that the top of the B Pillar had slightly separated from its adhesive, leaving a small gap in the area. I then noticed that when I held the top of that B Pillar in towards its moorings to close the gap while I pushed on the codes, it started to work every time. BadaBing, BadaBoom! Problem solved.

OP
OP
Z

zeecarr

Reaction score
I wouldn't leave the key fob in the vehicle. If someone broke in they can drive away with your vehicle.
Yeah I live in a pretty safe area. Aside from the grocery store the Expedition is either in my garage or inside a secure perimeter at work 99% of the time. If I head downtown to Orlando, I generally put it in my pocket despite how huge it is. I'll have the dealership look at it the next time I'm in because the 2-button to lock function should not be so difficult. Hopefully someone eventually makes an aftermarket FOB that's not so big and heavy. I got spoiled by the keypad on my F150, the actual keys that click are definitely function over beauty.