A Dying Breed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The V10s had a poor exhaust note and no rev to them was my issue with them. The new pushrod 7.3L blows the old V10 out of the water, the V10 had ok torque but being overhead cam with small bore/ lots of cylinders it could never compete with a big bore pushrod engines like the GM 8.1L....that’s why Ford finally replaced it with the new 7.3L pushrod 8 cylinder engine. A lot more low end torque due to the big bore and way more high end power with the shorter stroke. The thing can breathe great. Even the newer Boss 6.2 V8 out-towed the V10 when FTE did their hill pull contests a few years back. Likely the transmission too.
A lot of people really liked the v-10 exhaust chewbacca notes and mine would easily rev to 5k.

MasterX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The V10s had a poor exhaust note and no rev to them was my issue with them. The new pushrod 7.3L blows the old V10 out of the water, the V10 had ok torque but being overhead cam with small bore/ lots of cylinders it could never compete with a big bore pushrod engines like the GM 8.1L....

With the 2V or 3V V10s tho, the 2V was a good at dragging things, but was over all sluggish, the 3V which are kinda hard to find on the other hand seemed to be torque hoppers.

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
It's an 8,000 pound truck. I wouldn't care if it sounded like my old Econoline.

That exhaust was stainless to the tailpipe. The thing was good as new with 230,000 miles and 15 New York winters on it.