A Dying Breed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blksmk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I used to have a red 92 supercoupe 5spd upgraded blower etc.... 305 hp 515 lb of tq if i recall correctly.

MasterX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Glad to hear you choose to save your family first over saving the planet. We have a lot more control over saving our families, especially when we can’t control what the rest of the world is doing.

As a government contractor i technically do both, i work closely with law enforcement on the investigative side, forensic analysis types of things, and no not of body fluids before your dirty minds get jiggy, of information.

MasterX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
one thing i would like to do, if it turns out to be true that is.

Ford is contemplating releasing a new Ford Excursion model for late 2020/2021, and if they do, i will be eagle eyed to find one the following year so i get it cheaper, when i bought the first expedition, i was actually targetting a V10 Excursion, but someone else bought it out from under me, the expedition was sitting there and i took a liking and went with it. The reasoning is the higher towing capacity, and cargo space, if i had a EL/MAX expedition i might call it good enough, but the excursion would be a nice step up.

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
one thing i would like to do, if it turns out to be true that is.

Ford is contemplating releasing a new Ford Excursion model for late 2020/2021, and if they do, i will be eagle eyed to find one the following year so i get it cheaper, when i bought the first expedition, i was actually targetting a V10 Excursion, but someone else bought it out from under me, the expedition was sitting there and i took a liking and went with it. The reasoning is the higher towing capacity, and cargo space, if i had a EL/MAX expedition i might call it good enough, but the excursion would be a nice step up.
I mainly sold my 2000 Ex because it was getting hard to find parts for. My 08 Navi was only 2k more and less miles.

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
I mainly sold my 2000 Ex because it was getting hard to find parts for. My 08 Navi was only 2k more and less miles.
I, too had trouble finding parts for mine. I had put some 235,000 miles on her and also grew tired of working on the heavy truck chassis. Everything was big, heavy and relatively costly. The very things I loved about the truck I didn't appreciate when it was time to work on it.

I'd buy another though in a minute. Lovely ride. Silver with a unique one-year blue interior.

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I, too had trouble finding parts for mine. I had put some 235,000 miles on her and also grew tired of working on the heavy truck chassis. Everything was big, heavy and relatively costly. The very things I loved about the truck I didn't appreciate when it was time to work on it.

I'd buy another though in a minute. Lovely ride. Silver with a unique one-year blue interior.
Yea, mine was a nice V-10 with 200k miles on it and I had it for 10 years but when parts get scarce it gets scary.

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I can certainly guarantee that I will never buy a new hybrid or EV vehicle.
I can also pretty much assure you I will never buy any new vehicle!

I will be able to live out the rest of my life having real cars with real engines not electric motors.

I am not against all aspects or battery as the torque curve is not even a curve! LOL It's a straight line!

But not everything is power or hp or torque or acceleration or top speed or towing capacity or passenger capacity or comfort or size or cost to operate or cost of ownership....

My decisions are based on a many or these and overall, nothing can compete with certain gasoline engines.
I won't even own a diesel even though overall they are "better".

I will keep my dinosaur-burning "dinosaurs" and keep on turning a real key in the ignition to start them.

It ain't broke for me so I'm not looking to "fix" it.

MasterX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yea, mine was a nice V-10 with 200k miles on it and I had it for 10 years but when parts get scarce it gets scary.

One idea i had was to score a F-250 from 2010 with the 3V V10, very basic without all the fancy features that make the harnesses complicated, and then have the cab of an excursion swapped over, i believe they are very closely compatible shape wise, and obviously retain the dash and equipment of the F250, in the shell of a excursion. I have seen it done before, in which case the front fascia from the newer was also retained. there was one for sale for 25,000 here in arizona about 9 months ago, 3V V10 F250 excursion swapped 4x4, they provided the vin and under the hood pics to confirm it, it was polished up real nice and fancy. If i had the cash at the time i woulda taken it, but i didnt. It only had something like 77k miles and was lifted with 20 or 22s on it.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The V10s had a poor exhaust note and no rev to them was my issue with them. The new pushrod 7.3L blows the old V10 out of the water, the V10 had ok torque but being overhead cam with small bore/ lots of cylinders it could never compete with a big bore pushrod engines like the GM 8.1L....that’s why Ford finally replaced it with the new 7.3L pushrod 8 cylinder engine. A lot more low end torque due to the big bore and way more high end power with the shorter stroke. The thing can breathe great. Even the newer Boss 6.2 V8 out-towed the V10 when FTE did their hill pull contests a few years back. Likely the transmission too.