a grouping of lift options, questions on the last one

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dj_mindframe_99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
the performance acc. PLS705 5'' combo lift, at the bottom of the page
http://www.rockymountainsusp.com/fd4_expedition.htm

I'd like thoughts on what you think the kit actually consists of (because I think that's a stock photo) and for $375 do you really think it's worth the money? seems to me that piecing a lift together (i.e. keys at one place, spacers from another, shocks another, gaps, BL etc...) and to just sit back and wait for better deals than settle on inferior quality. is this 5'' combo kit inferior?

I will be going off-road every chance I get (about 2 time a month) and I have resigned myself to wait for a good deal on some better shocks, the keys I can plop off flea-bay brand new for 40$, and I still can't find 3'' rear coil spacers in aluminum. any leads on those as well?

and I'm not really considering a BL, however if a deal is just going to smack me in the face, I don't want to turn it away. 35's might be fun for a minute.

Last edited:

Canadian Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have 5" lift in mine 3" PA Body lift and 2" keys and 2" spacers. If your not lifting anymore( stock shocks work) get some good shocks and your good to go, with 35" tires.
You don't really need 3" rear spacers, the front you can't get 3" lift(keys), with out problems. My coil spacers are Polyurethane, no problems.

OP
OP
D

dj_mindframe_99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I want the extra inch in the back due to all the stuff I carry around. It will make the truck level when I weight it down with my work gear.

new shocks are a guarantee regardless of how much I lift it, it's safer, and just makes good sense.

but do you think $375 is fair for that particular lift kit? or can I get a better deal/quality buying one part at a time...i.e. keys, then spacers, then BL, then gap guards.

Canadian Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
PA makes the only good kit for Body lift and gap guards
AS for keys, there all the same 2" key (same factory I'm sure) mine are skyjaker
the rear spacers if you want 3" you'll have to buy seperate and not the kit.
The kit seems like a good deal. but won't work if you want 3" rear. Quality is just the rear spacers, metal or not, I don't see metal being any better(maybe noisy) but really it just stays put shouldn't move or be compressed.
If you need new shocks, then yes buy them.

Canadian Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Still rides good, alittle more bounce out back because the shocks are orginal and are now extended more. But new shocks go on with the 6" lift kit in the spring. then I'm sure it will be fine.

Walsh1

Reaction score
PA 5 inch lift

Hello i am new member and I Just purchase a 2000 expy that was a ex BC police suv. I have been reading all the post here for ideas and the info here has been great. I just recieved my PA 5 inch kit from rocky mountain suspension parts and found out the kit does not come with rear spacers even thought the web site said it did. You have to purchase those seperatly.

OP
OP
D

dj_mindframe_99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
sounds to me like you need to be up someone's rear-end finding out when they're going to ship you those spacers....they advertise a 5'' lift. I'm pretty sure it would be illegal for them to only ship you parts for a 3'' lift.

did it include the torsion keys?

Walsh1

Reaction score
Yes it came with the torsion keys and thats why they are calling it a 5 inch lift.
I have talk to the company and they appologize for the incorrect write up but they said the kit does not come with it. I also called PA and they said they dont have spacers for it and they take no responsibility for the other company mistake.they also told me if i want spacers that daystar makes them.

OP
OP
D

dj_mindframe_99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Walsh, thanks for that extra info, But I really think being a daily work truck and a weekend warrior that I don't really need to go bigger than a 33 inch tall tire.

I would have considered it if the kit was actually complete, but If I have to buy extra stuff I might as well keep it on the simple side and just do a typical torsion crank and spacer lift, no need to lift the body off the frame. not only saves my wallet but the time and stress as well. thanks a bunch.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
expresspedition