ABS Module

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ajspellm

Reaction score
Has anyone had to replace the ABS module on there expedition? I went out to start my 2000 Expedition one morning and the battery was drained. I jumped started it and noticed a really loud whining noise. Even when I turned the ignition off this noise continued. I took it into the shop and they said that the issue was my ABS module was bad and it was not shutting off... So they pulled the fuse on it but now my ABS light is on. I am trying to sell the Expedition now and that light is really keeping people away from looking at my car. So I am wondering if anyone has tried to replace this and how hard it is? I found some on ebay for around $100 and I was hoping I could maybe install this myself to save on labor. Once they pulled the fuse the problem went away so it has to be something related to the abs.
thanks

Boalive

Reaction score
Has anyone had to replace the ABS module on there expedition? I went out to start my 2000 Expedition one morning and the battery was drained. I jumped started it and noticed a really loud whining noise. Even when I turned the ignition off this noise continued. I took it into the shop and they said that the issue was my ABS module was bad and it was not shutting off... So they pulled the fuse on it but now my ABS light is on. I am trying to sell the Expedition now and that light is really keeping people away from looking at my car. So I am wondering if anyone has tried to replace this and how hard it is? I found some on ebay for around $100 and I was hoping I could maybe install this myself to save on labor. Once they pulled the fuse the problem went away so it has to be something related to the abs.
thanks

you have a bad abs module it the one were you conect your plug in it only 4 screws my was the same way and it fix for about 4 months