AC filter for Expedition 2015

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
sulatek

sulatek

Reaction score
the 2008 EDGE we had, had one that was gold mesh, WORKED fantastic, easy to wash and place back in service.

the 2012 edge we have now uses a paper filter. Last summer we changed it out, lost easy 60% of airflow from vents afterwards. So i washed it out and dried it . air flow went back up substantially. let me tell you, being in a EDGE in 105F heat with almost no air flow will bake your cookies pretty fast

i was surprised the expy did not have one

-------------

I am very surprised that the car companies and especially our pet Ford
Do not poll users of their products !!
We also know that the car remains for years and not just a one-time use
Therefore, loyalty remains to the car and its maker
Ford should take our views to ensure they know what people need
not just a race with other car-makers about matters that customers may not need or want

XR4Ti

Reaction score
My 05 LS has an air cabin filter.

My 05 Expedition didn't have one but had air filters for the heated/cooled front seats, located under the seats.

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
The Expedition's engine sits partially, below the cowl. The cabin filter is usually under the cowl cover. I believe because of this design, there is no cabin filters.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The Expedition's engine sits partially, below the cowl. The cabin filter is usually under the cowl cover. I believe because of this design, there is no cabin filters.

Has nothing to with it. Many motors including Many Fords have motors that sit the exact same place.

It is merely a cost cutting exercise. Ford heard complaints, hence why the 18+ has a filter.

Let’s please let this thread die. Doesn’t have one, not easy to add, and moving on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
Has nothing to with it. Many motors including Many Fords have motors that sit the exact same place.

It is merely a cost cutting exercise. Ford heard complaints, hence why the 18+ has a filter.

Let’s please let this thread die. Doesn’t have one, not easy to add, and moving on.

How would you easily access it. It would be almost a foot away and out of reach?

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You could option a cabin filter for 2003-2004 Model Year Expeditions from Ford. Ford Accessories sold the kit as well. It was deleted for 2005+ expeditions.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
How would you easily access it. It would be almost a foot away and out of reach?

The cabin air filter in most cars is under or behind the glove box.

Ford did not design in to the design, because they did not think the consumer would care.

The engine location under the cowl has zero to do with it.

richs fishes

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Never understood the point/need for a cabin air filter. Do you feel the need to filter the air whenever you leave your house? Maybe wear a dust mask at all times? The only thing I could see a cabin air filter doing is making someone else money when that filter "needs" to be replaced.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Never understood the point/need for a cabin air filter. Do you feel the need to filter the air whenever you leave your house? Maybe wear a dust mask at all times? The only thing I could see a cabin air filter doing is making someone else money when that filter "needs" to be replaced.

Definitely makes a difference in particle buildup inside of the cabin. Our Expy definitely gets dusty MUCH quicker than our Edge. They have almost the exact same miles. Put air on Recirc when going through a bad smell area, and the carbon filter in the Edge make quick work of the odor. Same does not happen in the Expy.