Adaptive cruise resets to 85 mph

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What year and trim level? I thought somebody mentioned that theirs automatically adjust the cruise speed based on speed limit signs. Maybe it is mis-reading signs. My wife’s Honda mis-reads the speed limit frequently, but it doesn’t adjust speed.

Last edited:

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My adaptive cruise will at random times reset to 85 mph! Any ideas?
Your flux capacitor might not be fully charged. You need to get up to 88mph.

If you have more context on what is happening before it does that more people can help diagnose the issue.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
22+ Will read speed limit signs. Look in your settings. I think the setting you are looking for is Threshhold, or tolerance. It is the amount above the read speed limit that it will set you cruise. Mine is set at 8 on my 21 150. If it reads 55, it sets my limit to 63.

BravoAlpha

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It will also pick up speed limit signs on service roads parallel to the road you are on. I turned all that off…its neat..until it ****** me off

nationalgallery

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It will also pick up speed limit signs on service roads parallel to the road you are on. I turned all that off…its neat..until it ****** me off
There's a stretch on 66 outside of DC where the limit is 55 and the toll lanes running along it to the left are 70 — I initially had the tolerance set at +9 but quickly turned it off completely when the truck would zoom up to 79 when it read a toll road speed sign and I was driving in the 55 lanes.