Added LED puddle lights at under $10 for both, total.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
07navi

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did this mod when I bought my expy. Def worth the cost.

What I find absolutely hilarious about your post though: If anyone else had posted this mod, your comment would most certainly be (said in old crotchety voice) “Ford spent millions designing and engineering those puddle lights. I only use stock. Stock is best. Ford knows better. Aftermarket is total waste of money!”

Apparently aftermarket is ok if YOU buy it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I never downplayed aftermarket stuff and what's funny is when I had my hotrods in the sixties I hated anything stock but now I hate most gimmicky add-ons and non stock creative parts. Non oem stock type aftermarket parts are fine with me, I hate paying OEM prices. Crochety?

Those aftermarket puddle lamps are a great improvement over Fords failed attempt to light the way.

Aspen03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The stock puddle lights at least on mine perform exactly as I'd expect, they light the area immediately under the doors and a short way out from the vehicle. The ground near the front and rear door area is perfectly visible to me in rain, snow, etc. . Plenty bright for the intended purpose. No idea why you would need a super bright light in them, they aren't intended to light up your entire driveway or a Target parking lot. Just a subtle glow to assist in egress so you don't have a surprise underfoot.

Newer vehicles are all starting to look like a overly bright 7/11 as they pull into a parking spot. Its becoming tacky imo. I also haven't figured out why people think they need 5000+ lumens of light emitting from their parked car. If everyone's eyes are getting so bad they can't see to get in/out of a vehicle without all that maybe they shouldn't drive at night.

The warm white of the stock lighting is much easier on your eyes. My in laws ram which is all led lit makes you see spots its so damn bright when you open a door.

OP
OP
07navi

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of bright lights and sticking leds everywhere never made any sense to me. I especially hate those super bright headlights also but these bright puddle lights are perfect for when I get home from the gym at night. They light up the area between the truck and the porch light perfectly and I really like them. Before I had to carry a flashlight with me to get to the lighted area without tripping on something. You can't see the light itself under the mirror and I would have sprung for incandescent ones if they made them this bright. One of the best upgrades I've ever done.

Last edited:
OP
OP
07navi

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just got these. Love them. I do have to shave the tabs down though ( it's mentioned in the instructions though)
It's easy to pry the old ones out on the wrong side. Worst case scenario; if you break tabs a little glue will work...piece of cake any way you do it.

jimz

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Can the rapid turn signal be turned off when different, burned out, light bulbs are detected?