Adding a Sub and Amp to Sony System

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kneal

Reaction score
New to the tread and new to owning a Expedition. Had mine (2015 EL Limitied) for a couple weeks now and absolutely love this thing. With that being said, I have an amp and subwoofer I would like to add to the factory Sony stereo system. Where can I tap into the speakers for a High to Low convertor as an input signal to my amp. Maybe a switched 12 volt source as well? Thanks for the inputs and glad to have found this site.

RogerD1959

2.5 Months Ltr, and Final Bill 22K+
Reaction score
New to the tread and new to owning a Expedition. Had mine (2015 EL Limitied) for a couple weeks now and absolutely love this thing. With that being said, I have an amp and subwoofer I would like to add to the factory Sony stereo system. Where can I tap into the speakers for a High to Low convertor as an input signal to my amp. Maybe a switched 12 volt source as well? Thanks for the inputs and glad to have found this site.
I have a 2016 with the Sony Premium sound. I guess I got lucky and a real audiophile installed it at the factory. The sound is awesome! The last thing I would want to do is fiddle with swapping things out. It would probably wreck every thing about it! I can crank it up to 30 and the sound is crisp, full, with rich bass, you can feel on the inside. What really shocks me is how it sounds from the outside with the doors and windows closed. As much range as the system has it really comes through. And with out any of the typical vehicle rattles, panel rattles, and distortion you hear soooooo much of from the head bangers down town, or on the strip Friday and Saturday night. Hope you can get yours sorted out, I love the way mine is. I think it's the size of the vehicle, sound has more room to work with. The system would probably suck in a Prius!

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk