Adding skid plates to 2018 Limited with tow package?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bushpilot

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would like to (only) replace the fiber/felt windage tray that covers the oil pan....

Can anyone tell me what the Raptor P/N is to replace the windage/felt tray for my 2020 Expy Max.

OP
OP
scottdm

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Refer to post 31 in this thread for the Raptor transmission skid plate, and post 51 for the oil drain access cover that attaches to the Raptor transmission skid plate.

bushpilot

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Refer to post 31 in this thread for the Raptor transmission skid plate, and post 51 for the oil drain access cover that attaches to the Raptor transmission skid plate.

Thanks @scottdm (tascaparts is coming up a bit more expensive on the "undercover").

For anyone else that wants to SEARCH for pricing here are the P/N in a cut / paste form!

Under Cover - Product ID: HL3Z-7222-A
Plate Bolt -Product ID: -W505594-S440
Sunroof Frame Screw - Product ID: W717268S439
Front Shield U-Nut - Product ID: -W717634-S439
Under Cover Access Panel - Product ID: HL3Z-7222-B

Tasca Parts is coming up a bit more expensive on the tray - shipping is gonna put it over the top - ill be shopping around to see if I can avoid the shipping!

upload_2021-3-9_19-36-55.png

OP
OP
scottdm

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks @scottdm (tascaparts is coming up a bit more expensive on the "undercover").

For anyone else that wants to SEARCH for pricing here are the P/N in a cut / paste form!

Under Cover - Product ID: HL3Z-7222-A
Plate Bolt -Product ID: -W505594-S440
Sunroof Frame Screw - Product ID: W717268S439
Front Shield U-Nut - Product ID: -W717634-S439
Under Cover Access Panel - Product ID: HL3Z-7222-B

Tasca Parts is coming up a bit more expensive on the tray - shipping is gonna put it over the top - ill be shopping around to see if I can avoid the shipping!

View attachment 40896

You will also need small speed nuts for the (3) W505594-S440 allen screws that attach the oil drain cover plate to the Raptor skid plate. You may need to call your local Ford parts counter to find the part number.

jdeddy

Reaction score
So in the spirit of broadening our collective knowledge.....the RCI engine skid plate ended up to be quite the project. I ended up ordering the 09-14 F-150 plate as suggested in prior posts. For reference I have a 2019 Limited Special Edition. If you are counting on them being a 'bolt-on' application...don't. I ended up getting them installed and they fit nicely now, but it cost me $150 bucks of shop time to make the required modifications. The front brackets needed to be modified (drilled an hole in a different spot) and added 2 more bolts to better secure the 2 plates together. Also contrary to the post above (which I think is using the 15-19 F150 skid plates), the mounting location of the brackets is different. I ended up mounting mine on the front 2 bolts (including the tow hook bolt) instead of the back 2. This was the only way to align the rear bolts on the 2 plate. Pics attached. View attachment 38214 View attachment 38215 View attachment 38216 View attachment 38217
Slipstream: how did you get the back part of the front skid plate bolted onto the frame? I did the same thing buying the 09-14' full package and can't figure out how to bolt the back part of the skid plate. Did you drill/tap the rear holes on each back end into the frame or did you use the included bolt hangers to put them on? Thanks!

lefty hack

Reaction score
I talked with Tim at RCI. I have RCIs plates from the engine back through the transmission. As I’m sure you’re aware the fuel skid plate fromRCI for F150s don’t fit on the Max Expy. I was able to get a plate pictured below cut bent and drilled. I’m going to hang it Wednesday this week. My plan is to drill 3 holes in each of the 2 tank straps and use speed clips. I’m a little concerned as I wasn’t able to have the plate bent in the middle to recess into where the straps come across. I’ll post more pics and OFF ROAD test it.

Attachments

• 1633358423715.jpeg
    1633358423715.jpeg
    184.5 KB · Views: 15

lefty hack

Reaction score
Sorry but I don't know why the pics are upside down.... but here is the finish. I used a large piece of roll paper and taped it up to the bottom the tank. I then cut the corners off where the plate would hit the frame in the front and rear. Marked where the straps were and noted where the mold of the tank left gaps to be able to run a bolt up into the empty space. pictured below. The Plate is 61" x21" the straps holding the tank are 34" apart. As you can see I had the front and side edges bent up. I used speed nuts, bolts washers and locktite. Jacked up the drivers side to access the tank area and used a second jack from the other side to hole the skid plate in place. There is a bit of up pressure on the center of the tank as its shape has a bit of a pot belly. :emotions34: I'm no pro... shade tree at best ....I've test driven it on and off road.... not failed yet:dancingpoop:
tempImageDJNV2d.pngtempImagesqXwvn.pngtempImageypXfuY.pngtempImageUZrFZa.png