Adding skid plates to 2018 Limited with tow package?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Here is a list of everything you need. Please note there are extra u-nuts listed. (I cannot find my leftover parts right now to subtract the ones not needed.)

Feel free to pm me with any questions.

Edit... Uploaded pic of all extra parts I had from my list. I am assuming that if you had NO existing hardware on your car you would need all this.

View attachment 33434

Did this by chance include the intercooler portion? I didn't see it listed? Thanks in advance.

cmurphy2

Reaction score
Hello, do the three bolts come with the access panel above?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
scottdm

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hello, do the three bolts come with the access panel above?

You'll have to order the bolts and speed nuts separately. Your parts counter guy should be able to help you out with the correct part numbers for the bolts and speed nuts.

cmurphy2

Reaction score
Thank you! I think I see you ordered 6 of these with the trans raptor skid plate and will go with that. If I need more or less, not an issue.

OP
OP
scottdm

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thank you! I think I see you ordered 6 of these with the trans raptor skid plate and will go with that. If I need more or less, not an issue.

The bolts and speed nuts that mount the raptor transmission skid plate to the frame are much larger than the bolts and speed nuts for the access cover for the oil drain plug.

cmurphy2

Reaction score
I came across this option for aftermarket skid plates for F-150 however it looks like they could work for a 4th Gen Expedition too. They are PDM and sold by sharptruck.com. Not sure about 1/8 thickness though...

Anyone see why these wouldn't fit a 2018 Expedition 4X4 Max Limited?

KenK

Reaction score
scottdm, what size is your gas tank?

I have a max and want to know if the gas tank is the same size as the short wheel base.