Additional Lighting to front of 2015

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lvcjt702

Full Access Members
Reaction score
And since the license plate mount on the Expedition is only a couple little holes in the plastic bumper itself, not even reinforced, that little license plate mount is going to bounce all over with the weight of a lightbar on itand eventually fail.
+1 That's kinda why I didn't bring it up earlier.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

ranger10

Reaction score
How did you mount your light bar? What did you bolt the brackets to? I have a 2016 that I am looking to do this to.

Last edited:

Joe m

Reaction score
I mounted a single row (32" i think) light bar in the top slot of the grill. If you take your time and do it right it is relatively inconspicuous. I had to mod the brackets (bent the brackets that came with the light bar and drilled new holes in them) to center it up and down in the slot. Used stainless hardware for longevity.

Pro-Tip: use some flatblack paint or plasti-dip on the lightbar and mounts to help hide it. I used just a little bit of flat black on the inner portions of the grill slot to help reduce glare. There are tinted appliques that can be applied over the lens to help hide it but would most likely dim the light output.

View attachment 21573

View attachment 21574
I'd love to see what this looks like at night :) and can you link part(s) list?

iamretired

Reaction score
I mounted a single row (32" i think) light bar in the top slot of the grill. If you take your time and do it right it is relatively inconspicuous. I had to mod the brackets (bent the brackets that came with the light bar and drilled new holes in them) to center it up and down in the slot. Used stainless hardware for longevity.

Pro-Tip: use some flatblack paint or plasti-dip on the lightbar and mounts to help hide it. I used just a little bit of flat black on the inner portions of the grill slot to help reduce glare. There are tinted appliques that can be applied over the lens to help hide it but would most likely dim the light output.

View attachment 21573

View attachment 21574
How did you wire it? I was wondering if I could tap the fog lights power on my2015. Even if another relay is needed? Great job by the way exactly how I thought it could be done.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thegerb50