Advanced Cargo Management

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I hate the shelf lid on my max. It pops up and makes noise every time I go over any bumps unless something is setting on it. So annoying hearing everything in the back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I hate the shelf lid on my max. It pops up and makes noise every time I go over any bumps unless something is setting on it. So annoying hearing everything in the back.

You know, I think that is what I may have heard on my regular model in the back. I since installed a Husky Cargo mat and I have not heard it as much. I thought at first it was my jumper cables that I have in the storage compartment, but this post now makes me think it was the cover making the noise.

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You know, I think that is what I may have heard on my regular model in the back. I since installed a Husky Cargo mat and I have not heard it as much. I thought at first it was my jumper cables that I have in the storage compartment, but this post now makes me think it was the cover making the noise.

I had a jump pack, block heater plug and a few other things in mine. I thought the same thing. I thought the weight of them bouncing up and hitting the door was knocking it loose and making noise. Took everything out and it still did it. Nothing holds it down but gravity and a tight fit. I thought about adding Velcro or magnets to help keep it shut. Once it pops open it stays open and bangs around. The mat probably helps keep it closed.

corvin

Reaction score
I keep the shelf open, in a horizontal setting on my '17 Max. Love it. I can have stuff that I constantly haul around (emergency bag, my gym bags) covered and out of sight, and not sliding around (b/c of the pockets in the floor), and I use the top shelf during grocery runs.

Matthew Hoover

Reaction score
I looked into purchasing this when I picked up my 18 max last December. My dealer (Houston area) was aware of the feature but couldn’t find a specific part number or price to order. He said maybe it was that the vehicle was so new, the catalog had not yet been updated. I guess it still hasn’t been updated being that it is over a year later. I’m still interested in this feature though.

Kevin Charman

Reaction score
This shelf is only for the MAX....this thread really got my hopes up! Very sad to not see a retractable cargo cover in these vehicles...

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This shelf is only for the MAX....this thread really got my hopes up! Very sad to not see a retractable cargo cover in these vehicles...

The shelf is not only for the max. It actually works a lot better with the shorty. In the max it doesn’t touch the hatch and the seat so it only “spans” the back half of the cargo area and stuff can fall of. In the shorty it covers the whole cargo area and makes a true two-level situation.

But I agree the lack of a retractable cargo cover is a disappointment.

deh2k7

Reaction score
i'm resurrecting this thread. have a shorty 2018. anyone figure out how to order the shelf after the fact?

Last edited: