AEM Dry Drop in Air filter or just go with Motorcraft? Also how to replace Cabin Air Filter?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Air filter needs replacing on the 2016.
Anyone have a drop in dry filter like the AEM? Not really down with spending $400+ for an intake. Dry drop in filters are nice as they can be cleaned and used for a long time.
Or should I just stick with the old 17.99 Motorcraft filter.

Also on a separate filter note, how does one replace the cabin air filter on these? Through the glovebox??

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No cabin air filter & nowhere to add it, one of the biggest weaknesses of the Expy.

Some vendors mistakenly list one but it doesnt exist

OP
OP
Black

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
And that would explain why I could not find a listing in my shop manual for cabin filter.
I just figured it was late and the .pdf search in edge being a bit wonky.

07xln

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I didn’t spend $400+ for my intake

With that said I’m all for doing a drop in filter so go for it

OP
OP
Black

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I didn’t spend $400+ for my intake

With that said I’m all for doing a drop in filter so go for it

Did your go with the K&N? That is the only one I am finding under $350.
Not a huge fan of oiled filters personally.

If I were to do one I would likely do the AEM Brute Force model from the F150 and modify the intake sensor.

I needed a wash mit so I just grabbed a Motorcraft filter while I was at the local parts place.

We’re likely to get a 2nd Expedition next year this one has a lifetime power train warranty so I’ll likely just leave it stock for the most part.

The one next year on the other hand will get the works as it will not be a daily. We only put 3,700 miles last year on the Highlander that is our 2nd vehicle the 2nd Expedition would replace.