After 6 months with my F150 Bilstein 5100s at 2” lift, UCAs are a MUST!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eric Mowrer

Reaction score
So looks like new UCAs are going on sooner than I had planned.
BDS are not currently available on Amazon and $700 everywhere else I can find.
SPC are $600 and I get 5% cash back so $570.
$130 will buy me greasable endlinks and lower ball joints that I can toss on while I am doing the UCAs.

Maybe I can find a set of BDS on sale or used on the F150 forums.
While SPC gets a ton of praise on the Toyota forums the BDS looks to be a much beefier piece and the replacement ball joints are about half the price.

Suspension connection has Tuff Country F150 UCAs (20935) for $332-15%=$282 with free shipping and no tax

Standard joint but maybe only thing that fits with tire clearance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Douglasf1378

Reaction score
Nice price on the Tuff Country, I probably should have waited.

I when ahead with the Icon UCAs with the Delta Joints, Moog sway bar links, Mevotech "Terrain Tough" lower control arms and Mevotech "Terrain Tough" tie rod ends. I will pick my truck back up on Saturday. It will basically have a complete new front suspension with greasable joints. I have previously installed the 3/2 lift, replaced all of struts/springs with KYB units.

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nice price on the Tuff Country, I probably should have waited.

I when ahead with the Icon UCAs with the Delta Joints, Moog sway bar links, Mevotech "Terrain Tough" lower control arms and Mevotech "Terrain Tough" tie rod ends. I will pick my truck back up on Saturday. It will basically have a complete new front suspension with greasable joints. I have previously installed the 3/2 lift, replaced all of struts/springs with KYB units.
Do you even do off roading?

Douglasf1378

Reaction score
Do you even do off roading?
I work for the 2nd largest home builder in the US. I oversee the design and construction of all community amenities.

When we first consider purchasing a large track of land, (500 to 3,000+ acres), I have to travel to the potential community site to determine where potential clubhouses, entrances, walking trails, swimming pools, etc can be installed. These sites generally are covered in trees, rocks, tree stumps, brush and, if I am lucky, a very old logging trail. If not, it is a bulldozed path that is generally nothing but mud.

So do I "off road" in the traditional sense, no, Nor do I go driving on trails in an off road 4x4 park. But some of the job sites are just as tough to get into & out of before my employer starts "terraforming" the site to suit our needs.

Last edited:

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I work for the 2nd largest home builder in the US. I oversee the design and construction of all community amenities.

When we first consider purchasing a large track of land, (500 to 3,000+ acres), I have to travel to the potential community site to determine where potential clubhouses, entrances, walking trails, swimming pools, etc can be installed. These sites generally are covered in trees, rocks, tree stumps, brush and, if I am lucky, a very old logging trail. If not, it is a bulldozed path that is generally nothing but mud.

So do I "off road" in the traditional sense, no, I do not go to driving trails in an off road 4x4 park. But some of the job sites are just as tough to get into & out of before my employer starts "terraforming" the site to suit our needs.
I was gonna day if you went through all that trouble and just ran kids to and from soccer, that was a little overboard lol

Douglasf1378

Reaction score
I was gonna day if you went through all that trouble and just ran kids to and from soccer, that was a little overboard lol

I was going "day"?

I do a lot of driving, I oversee a 5 state area. I now have over 107K miles on my 2017. I purchased it two years ago when it had 33K miles on it. I prefer that when I replace a part on a vehicle to use something that will either increase the vehicle's performance, it's capability, or both.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Black

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I got tired of the clunk.
Tuff Country never responded back would have preferred to be at that price level but ohh well.
Can’t justify the cost of the ICONs. Local 4x4 shop is a BDS dealer and offered 10% off so I ended up going with them.
Should be here next week.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goff69