After market cd player

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zack9282

Reaction score
I have a 2000 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer. It has the mach sound system, with a six disk cd changer in the center console. Is there a way to wire it up and keep the disk changer. I bought the wiring harness that plugs right into the factory harnesses. When I wired it up last night the smallest box with two wires had no where to wire to. There are a couple that don't wire to anything, but everything worked but the disk changer. The stock tape deck no longer works aside from radio and controlling the disk changer.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
search in the audio section...there is a way or a harness that has been said to work and fix ur prob...but u will have to find it as it was said maybe a couple of years ago and those members aren't active anymore

Mediamonkey11

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
As far as I know there's no way to retain CD changer operation with anything other than the factory stereo due to a proprietary connection between the two. As far as the extra connectors, depending on which harness you bought it may be giving you the opportunity to send a signal to the factory amplifier for the subwoofer if equipped. I chose to bypass everything and rewired it all.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Someone in the 6yrs I've been active on here has done it and more than 1 person...what they did I couldn't tell u

Mr. 10K

AbbadonTD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Its not worth the WORK to save it. even if all goes well, you can do better aftermarket for less, installed, etc.

There are many Double Din Dash CD changers that also have modern amenities, and will give you the center console back.

rtbrjason

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I put an android headunit in my expy without a cd player at all. It fits considerably more than 6 cds worth of music on the SD card. Since I had the cd changer initially, I made a playlist for each of the 6 cds I had in there for familiarity.

It's also so nice having the center console free of the changer. There is so much room in there without it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gnorman