After market radio, back up camera.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joe m

Reaction score
Thinking about switching out my factory installed navigation radio with newer Android wireless radio from pioneer.

Does anyone know if I can use factory installed backup camera?
Crutchfield indicates that it's not compatible but want to be sure.
Thanks

I have a 09 limited.

TXFRDOwner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thinking about switching out my factory installed navigation radio with newer Android wireless radio from pioneer.

Does anyone know if I can use factory installed backup camera?
Crutchfield indicates that it's not compatible but want to be sure.
Thanks

I have a 09 limited.

It’s just a matter of tapping into the OEM camera video feed wires behind the radio or find the plug-n-play conversion harness

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aspen03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes it is possible as mentioned above. Simplyneed to identify the wires and splice in an RCA to connect to the new radio. What pioneer are you going with? I have the avh-w4500nex in our expy and considering either a Kenwood 9907 or Pioneer 4600 media receiver for the navigator. I like the capacitive display of the 4600 but not sure if I want future ability to play discs...

OP
OP
J

Joe m

Reaction score
Yes it is possible as mentioned above. Simplyneed to identify the wires and splice in an RCA to connect to the new radio. What pioneer are you going with? I have the avh-w4500nex in our expy and considering either a Kenwood 9907 or Pioneer 4600 media receiver for the navigator. I like the capacitive display of the 4600 but not sure if I want future ability to play discs...

I Have the Avic -w8400NEX.

So I should figure out which of us for camera and your saying is as simple as cutting and splicing on a rca. If I left enough wire I could always go back to oem connector.

I Love my 8400 it has capacitive display.

TXFRDOwner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I Have the Avic -w8400NEX.

So I should figure out which of us for camera and your saying is as simple as cutting and splicing on a rca. If I left enough wire I could always go back to oem connector.

I Love my 8400 it has capacitive display.

You have a wiring diagram for the radio connections (To include camera) ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
J

Joe m

Reaction score