After Market Tuners

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bubbadabulldawg

Full Access Members
Reaction score
to me...its worth it...although you may spend the $400 upfront...throughout the year you will save more is youre wanting gas mileage...i have superchips and love it...my mpg's increased from 17 to about 23-24 mpg's depending on how i drive...and other modifications...you will feel a difference in shift and take off pending your settings...i know i saved money withing the 1st 2 months of having mine
You were getting 17mph on the highway?! I only get 12.5 on the highway and 9.5/10 around town! Granted I have a heavy takeoff at the light changes but that shouldn't be that great of a difference on the highway between my '03 and your '04 they are both the 2 valve 5.4 engines. What other mods have you done to get the improved mpg? Improved hp doesn't necessarily give you better mpg's?

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Exhaust and intake...I have mine on gas saver setting

HOLY ROLLERZ CHRISTIAN CAR CLUB (HRC3) National Member

01yellerCobra

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Was that for me?

If so, I sent the Flashpaq back. The last person I talked to was just this side of useless. I called Friday and was told they were working on the tune for my truck. I called Monday for another reason and they wanted me to update my tuner so they could get my info and start working on the tune for my truck. No, that's not a typo. I don't know what they did on their end, but it ended up causing the updater program to freeze on my end. They tried to say it was my computer, but I told them it had worked fine many times before they changed whatever they changed. I got tired of it and sent the tuner back. I picked up a Spectre CAI and installed it on Friday. I ended up seeing about a 1 MPG increase. And even my wife noticed the truck feels a little more peppy.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No it wasnt...someone quote me...bubbadabulldog

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those are my highway numbers

Bakenojo

Reaction score
Confused..

Hi All I'm new to this forum and am really enjoying the info! However I'm a little confused concerning Hypertech chips...I called and confirmed that they do not support shifting options for 08 Expys yet one or two people have claimed the effect on the shifting was worth the cost...can someone clear this up for me...and Thanks

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They prob dont support actually changing it but with the program it shifts better...not to say they changed the gear settings