Aftermarket Blind Spot Monitor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pmkroger5

Reaction score
Has anyone installed an aftermarket blind spot monitor on their Expedition? My 2017 EL Ltd does not have one, and I am hoping to get some information on the best systems including cost/installation.
So far have only found "Brandmotion" units ($800).
Thanks.

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
in my experience, most people keep their side mirrors turned in too much. You don't really need to see your vehicle when driving, you need to see the adjacent lane. I keep my outwards enough that I can lean slightly and see my vehicle, just for parking purposes. Adjust them so that vehicle approaching in the next lane transitions from the rear mirror to the side mirror. That will cover most of your blind spot. Now you'll only need to check for vehicles merging from two lanes over into a lane you're merging into.

OP
OP
P

pmkroger5

Reaction score
My company vanpool has blind spot monitoring (Ford Explorer) and I've found it extremely useful in maneuvering through heavy LA rush hour traffic.