Blind Spot & Cross Traffic Not Working - FIXED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nationalgallery

Full Access Members
Reaction score
* The real permanent fix is the Weather Tech mud flaps. This is the point I wanted to emphasize because if you don't install something like this this problem will continue to repeat. The flaps are super easy to install, look stock and most importantly do stop the mud and debris from getting stuck back there. I seriously don't know why Ford did not include these by default. Such a simple fix for this dumb problem. I have not had a single issue since purchasing them and I used to see this error almost every time I drove.
I think dhenderz is correct re. this problem, and I too installed the WeatherTech flaps (front and rear) and so far the problem seems to be solved.....

Attachments

• IMG_8950.jpg
    IMG_8950.jpg
    279.8 KB · Views: 23

Bill_T

Reaction score
I think what's visible on the rear bumper are the lenses of the near-field radar sensors that perform blind spot, cross-traffic and backup functions. The manual says to "Clean the sensors" if you get blocked sensor messages, which would not be possible if they're completely contained on the inside of the bumper.
You can get to them from underneath. Just use a rag and fish it inbehind the sensor and pull the cloth back and forth gently. You'd be surprised how much mud and grim builds up in there. I will be installing mud flaps to prevent more build up and broken wires from rocks shooting up in there.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240130_231905_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240130_231905_Gallery.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 25
  • Screenshot_20240130_231827_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240130_231827_Gallery.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 24

HiHoSilver23

Reaction score
FIXED!! Whoever posted about installing the Weather Tech mudflaps, THANK YOU! That seems to haved fixed the problem. It was a pill getting underneath to wash the sensor but hopefully that solved the problem.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You can get to them from underneath. Just use a rag and fish it inbehind the sensor and pull the cloth back and forth gently. You'd be surprised how much mud and grim builds up in there. I will be installing mud flaps to prevent more build up and broken wires from rocks shooting up in there.
That's perplexing. For one, the radius on that bend doesn't look right at all, i.e. there isn't enough slack between the connector and the post holding down the loom. Especially for wires that small of a gauge. Either there should have been a bit more of a bend radius on that loom, or Ford should have designed that connector to be a 90-degree connector to reduce strain on those hair-thin wires.

And yes, I've had mud flaps on since about the 4th week of ownership, the rear bumper cover on these act more like a snow plow than anything, scooping up any things rear tires/wheels kick up. The one that I had that almost really caught me, was a small piece of re-tread on the road flew up and luckily it impacted the spare tire first from what I could tell, I bet if it had hit the inside of the bumper cover it would have torn off and/or broken half a dozen sensors down there. Looks to me like you are adding some rear winter traction though with that sand bag worth of sand in there.