Aftermarket head unit with OEM RSE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dkern

Reaction score
I just installed a new head unit in my '04 EB. I used Metra wire harnesses for the connections, one of which was supposed to connect with the OEM rear seat DVD player. But I'm not getting any sound through the system. The wire harness has 2 RCA plugs and I've tried it through the rear AV in plugs and the front AUX jack, but am not getting sound through either. Crutchfield says it should work. Any ideas?

Cooper

Reaction score
Which Harness did you use model number? I know I had to use a smart harness for my wife 2007 expy. You my have to repin the harness.
Also PAC makes far better harnesses than metra.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Dkern

Reaction score
Thanks for the response. I got a replacement grants from crutchfield. If it doesn't work, I'll try pac.

Aspen03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did they provide you with the 70-5521 and the 70-5520AV? They are quite similar to the ones PAC offers for the 03-06

The 07+ are a totally different animal and require use of a CAN harness, in which yes the options from PAC, the RP4 is definitely better than the XSVI that Metra offers.