Aftermarket tie rod ends

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2011EL

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience using aftermarket tie rod ends on their Expy? I'd like to replace mine this weekend while doing a front brake job, if possible. I'm having a difficult time justifying $350 plus tax for Motorcraft tie rod ends at the local stealership in Houston. There's a dealership in Florida that will ship them to me for around $250 but it may be a week or two (or more) before I see them. I really don't want to sit here waiting for a delivery forever if I can help it.

I've read posts elsewhere saying folks have had mixed results with various brands. Hoping this forum can at a minimum tell me which brands to stay away from.

Appreciate the advice...

JamaicaJoe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
OEM tie rod ends lack Zerk fittings and thus will run out of lube and fail. My 2001 had a TSB advising inspection every 15,000 miles. Not very reassuring for an OEM part. Whatever you buy, get ones that can be greased and make sure they do get greased.

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
There's lots of junk out there. My original Motorcraft ones gave me 150,000 miles in city driving. I stuck with them when replacing. I'd probably pass on the $6 Quik-Steer and the $9 SKP ones from China. It is your steering after all.

I've had mixed results these days with Moog, but at least they're an old line company that would probably pay for your injuries if one of their parts maimed you.

Dustin Gebhardt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have used the Mevotech suspension stuff for the past few years and I've been happy with them. I get the TTX heavy duty line of Mevotech. RockAuto has been my supplier for these.

rslynes

Reaction score
The TTX is good stuff. Moog has been a disappointment for a few around here recently.

rslynes

Reaction score
With the TTX, pay attention to the zerk 90-degree fitting alignment when intalling so that you can still get a grease gun attached.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M Bennett