Air Inlet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FlyBry

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Does anyone know where the air inlet actually receives air from?
The rubber seal under the front of the hood seal to the chrome grill = not there.
The top 2/3rds of the rubber seal on the air inlet seals to the underside of the hood = good, not hot air from the engine compartment.
That leaves the small, rectangular plastic mesh opening in front of the air inlet, but it looks restrictair inlet (2)_LI.jpg ve and is only open to approx. 1/3rd of the air inlet.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Have you tried putting any marking paint or anything on that? I'm pretty sure it actually doesn't seal up completely to the hood. Which means that the small gap between the hood and the grill while driving is a fair amount of air actually entering that intake. What I can tell you is that after having added an aftermarket intake system, I can hear the turbos wine like crazy. So there's definitely a place for the air to come in if I can hear it that well.

Expedition Dave

Full Access Members
Reaction score
TTBOMK, that is the only place fresh air enters the system. Seems like a pretty good location if hydrolock was ever your concern, but don't know if it is a "cold" air system at all.

I actually always thought it sucked cool air from some type of pressure point where the top of the hood meets the radiator. Now I gotta look too...