Alarm goes off for no reason, anyone else see this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mark Haasser

Reaction score
On my 19 Limited max with 301A package the alarm will trigger for no apparent reason. I can't really make a correlation of any kind with temperature change, high wind, or change in atmospheric pressure. On one trip I could not get the indicator saying the hood was not closed to go away, but that was right after I checked the oil months ago and I have not seen it again. Has anyone else seen this? Is there a way to get the exact cause of what tripped the alarm? All I get from the Fordpass application is intrusion detected. If I could see what sensor was having an issue that would help narrow it down. Thanks for any help you may provide.

Highlightreel

Reaction score
I had this issue this summer for the first time since owning it, since June 2019, when staying with my parents at their cabin. Went off in the middle of the night about 3 times in 20 minutes. I didn't notice it but in the morning my dad asked what happened and I didn't know. I looked in the Fordpass app and sure enough it showed intrusions. I went outside where it was parked and didn't notice anything. I thought, huh, now I've experienced this phenomenon that others have posted about.

The next night, same thing. So in the morning I went and looked again more thoroughly and lifted my kids booster seat and found an acorn under it, which is not normal. I also popped the hood and on the engine cover were a bunch of broken acorns and crumbs. So a mouse must have been checking out the sweet Expy for a new hangout spot and got busted.

Uturn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
One item that will set an alarm on a microphone equipped vehicle is a plastic water bottle. A temperature change will cause them to crackle which is real close to the frequency of breaking glass.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
On my 19 Limited max with 301A package the alarm will trigger for no apparent reason. I can't really make a correlation of any kind with temperature change, high wind, or change in atmospheric pressure. On one trip I could not get the indicator saying the hood was not closed to go away, but that was right after I checked the oil months ago and I have not seen it again. Has anyone else seen this? Is there a way to get the exact cause of what tripped the alarm? All I get from the Fordpass application is intrusion detected. If I could see what sensor was having an issue that would help narrow it down. Thanks for any help you may provide.

Bunches of threads on here...here’s one:

https://www.expeditionforum.com/threads/anti-theft-alarm-randomly-activating.44474/

Bug in the cabin, water bottle, squirrel, aliens...ya know, anything moving around or making noise in the cabin would cause this. Good luck!

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score

mpc11

Reaction score
It's mentioned in the linked thread above, but have you tried changing the setting after turning your car off from motion to perimeter only to see if it still does it?

keny01998

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It happened to me many times due to a bug, moth flying around. I even disabled the all perimeter alarm but my XLT still went off at night :)

Shutterbug57

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Have not had that particular gremlin. My gremlin randomly opens the rear lift gate.

todadamson

Reaction score
Yes, the alarm goes off. I had a family of mice move in. That's what I found! Treating the problem with Decon. The green squares. They have been eating it up.