Alarm randomly going off for no reason?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blkZ28spt

Reaction score
2023 Limited Stealth Performance (see sig). Twice today, twice in the last few hours, while sitting unbothered in our closed attached garaged, locked, the alarm went off.

I can't figure out anything that would touch it or move inside of it or cause it to move, the keys are accounted for and not being pressed, my truck next to it doesn't go off, everything is closed, and there is no Ford Pass notification.

Ideas?

techdude99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sounds like a bad connection or low battery. Take it to a Ford store.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Funny, this happened to me recently as well. Twice in one night. Never before and never after. But mine was showing shock sensor notification (I have installed the Ford factory shock sensor). So the next morning I lowered the sensitivity a little and so far so good. Did you get notifications on your my ford app? that will tell you if it was shock sensor or something else, maybe somehow you accidentally got a shock sensor!

klimford

Reaction score
Our 2020 was set off, in a campground yet, by a sunshade over the windshield. Took us two times to figure out that's what it was.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I do know they have occupancy sensors, you know, in case you're not paying attention to the fact that you left your child in the car. So I would assume maybe anything moving in the car could trigger that.

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It serves to wake up all 5 kids and the wife when you stop in the middle of the night at a gas station for a quick stop to use the restroom. It goes from a 5 minute stop to a 1.5 hour stop.

Maxine the Max

Full Access Members
Reaction score
2023 Limited Stealth Performance (see sig). Twice today, twice in the last few hours, while sitting unbothered in our closed attached garaged, locked, the alarm went off.

I can't figure out anything that would touch it or move inside of it or cause it to move, the keys are accounted for and not being pressed, my truck next to it doesn't go off, everything is closed, and there is no Ford Pass notification.

Ideas?

Ideas?
This happened to us when we were away from our vehicle. Long story short, it was flies in the cabin, setting off the alarm. I have since turned off the interior alarm system. I did get ford pass notifications. As we were not near the vehicle, that's how I knew it was going off. I manually unlocked it from the ap and had a family friend go dispatch the flies. It stopped.

Last edited:

Wangle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This is what happens to us. Especially while camping. Flies set off the internal alarm. Fortunately gnats do not. You can turn off the inside alarm, but it defaults to on the next time you shut the vehicle off. Maybe you can turn it off with forscan.