Alarm randomly going off for no reason?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BMW2FORD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Funny, this happened to me recently as well. Twice in one night. Never before and never after. But mine was showing shock sensor notification (I have installed the Ford factory shock sensor). So the next morning I lowered the sensitivity a little and so far so good. Did you get notifications on your my ford app? that will tell you if it was shock sensor or something else, maybe somehow you accidentally got a shock sensor!
Would you happen to know the part number or where I could get info on the additional shock sensor? I’ve got a 2018 limited with the factory perimeter / all sensor alarm set up and wondering if I can add this.

LG_123

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That happened to us several times and it was mice looking for the thousands of ******* crumbs and nuts the kids dropped on a road trip. Traps along the floor fixed the problem quickly and now we keep it much cleaner!

LG_123

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That happened to us several times and it was mice looking for the thousands of ******* crumbs and nuts the kids dropped on a road trip. Traps along the floor fixed the problem quickly and now we keep it much cleaner!
It’s very strange that the word “crack-er” gets auto deleted…

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Would you happen to know the part number or where I could get info on the additional shock sensor? I’ve got a 2018 limited with the factory perimeter / all sensor alarm set up and wondering if I can add this.
Sure thing. Part number was FT4Z-19A361-A. There is also a bracket you can buy for mounting it but I'm attaching pictures of a very simple bracket I made out of sheet of aluminum I bought for like $10 online. I got roughly 1/8th in aluminum, cut it to be a little larger than the module, marked and drilled my holes and mounted it to the plate with self threading screws. I made sure the sensor adjustment was facing down for easy adjustment. Worst part was that I only screwed on screw on the back of plate, loosely at first so I could move the module out of the way to bolt it in, then rotated it to screw the other two screws in and use a stubby Phillips to tighten the 3rd. I figured 3 out of 4 screws is enough.

The module was plug and play.

Attachments

• PXL_20231031_020957637.jpg
    PXL_20231031_020957637.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 4
  • PXL_20231031_020949019.jpg
    PXL_20231031_020949019.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 4

Mr Big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just had t happen last night. Midnight the alarm went off, lights flashing, horn blowing.
We purchased a large mirror that took up the entire back with the seats down. I was too tired and left it in the vehicle with the mirror facing up. The wind was blowing and it was close to a palm tree with waving branches. I'm assuming the reflection in the window got to the mirror and cause the interior sensors to pick up movement. At least I know it works.

GixxerJasen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Strange, mine hasn't gone off (except for when I forget to disable the inerior sensor when my dog is inside) before but has gone off randomly several times the last few days, haven't figured it out yet.