almost have 2003 EB Premium CD-6 done, need 2 wires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rockunlimited2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have the speaker wires set, the power wires set, ground set; I just need to know what wire to connect the RCAs from the pioneer HU for the factory sub/amp. I have cut and modded a set of RCA connectors to seperate the + and the - of the RCA cables, But I need to know what is the factory sub amp turn on wire (for the "Power ant.") and the signal wires for the sub so I can hook up the moded RCA cables.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i dont know...but i didnt do all that...i have pioneer avic-d3 and have option of turning it on/off...i never had to play with it to connect it to my HU...i did however use a signal converter and connected to it for my amp...plug'd my rca into the converter and then to amp...BASS!!! and when i turn off the sub on the HU...it only affects the factory...not my 12's...

IMG00142-20110525-0949.jpg
IMG00143-20110525-0949.jpg
IMG00145-20110525-0950.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Rockunlimited2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just cut the plug off the 4 wire amp to HU plug to make me have to figgure it out. I ended up cutting up a set of RCA cables and soldering the wire leads into a single set of + and - wires. I also ran the ant lead to the stock amp turn on. It all worked. Too bad the RCA turned out to be full frequesncy, now I need to splice in a low pass filter so I don't cook the stock sub. I had to use an old-school line level converter to reduce the total output of the head unit (50 x 4) so I did not cook the stock full range amp as well.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thats why you shoulde bought the converter...would have to cut rca's and solder...

OP
OP
R

Rockunlimited2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just keeps getting better...... the RCA outs are full range and the cheapo pioneer can not adjust the outs. Now I need to pick up a low pass filter and wire that. I should just get a better HU with ipod controls.