Am I new?...if I barely left.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mmrseed

Full Access Members
Reaction score
As some may know, I sold my 2wd lifted expy (the one you see below) to get a safer car for my now 16 year old son (he has to drive up and down a mountain to get to school and that truck did not seems safe for a new driver). After spending weeks looking at jettas, passats, taurus', contours, explorers and millions of other cars and suv we found (gasp!) what he really liked....a black expedition. It's not lifted but it IS a 4wd (yay) cheaper on insurance (2x yay) and has 60,000 LESS miles than the one I sold (3x yay), plus, plus even though i has 120K miles it was a fleet car for a police department for 12 of the 13 years it has been on this earth (not a patrol vehicle, as there is no sign of police gear) and so it seems meticluously maintained. The engine sounds brand new so......yay...I'll get some pics up soon of the "new" black expy

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
good to hear he stayed in the family! im sure he will be very pleased with the expy.

rptr00

Full Access Members
Reaction score
hind sight is 20/20 but why didnt you just take off the lift and down size the tires since thats pretty much what you ended up with?

OP
OP
mmrseed

mmrseed

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would have had to pay for new rims and tires and to lower it...although I didn't intend it this way, I got one with less miles and 4wd and made $3000 :)

OP
OP
mmrseed

mmrseed

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yup...glad to still be hear...now instead of pestering everyone with questions regarding everything I don't know about 2wd expys and istead pester with questions regarding everything I don't know about 4wd expys...it'll be fun

smo0othride

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think the expedition is great for a 16 year old... lets them see the road better by sitting up high, is going to "win" when crashing into a smaller vehicle, and won't be trying to fit 8 of their friends into a 5 passenger car (I once had 11 people in my 5 person benz when I was 16). It's good that this one isn't lifted since it won't be as easy to roll. If you want to make it even safer, upgrade the anti-sway bars and put in some new shocks and will be very difficult to roll. I've upgraded the suspension in mine and have drifted around corners without hardly any body roll.

JUST4FUN

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
yea im going to start your post count at 1 jk