AM Radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

F150 Pat

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Anybody else have this happening. Just the the AM 1 preset bank. Is your last station 530? I preset then all to 1000. Turn the car off and back on and the last station goes to 530. The longer it sits without starting my first 2 change to like 1100 and 1300. 2019 Limited

Attachments

• IMG_0424.jpeg
    IMG_0424.jpeg
    112.8 KB · Views: 11

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Do you listen to AM? Also, graphics look a little off, what version of Sync is installed. Go in to settings and post the specific version. X.X.XXXXX will be the format.

-Loki

OP
OP
F

F150 Pat

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just want to know if anybody else has this problem. I am deep into Ford engineering trying to fix this. Am I the only one or do others have this also. Just look at your AM 1 preset band and tell me if you have what I have. Simple

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I just want to know if anybody else has this problem. I am deep into Ford engineering trying to fix this. Am I the only one or do others have this also. Just look at your AM 1 preset band and tell me if you have what I have. Simple
That was a crappy response to somebody trying to help you who actually knows what he is talking about. I have never heard of this issue. Please post the version of your Sync. I know more about Sync and the Versions than 99% of the ford Tech's out there. You want help or not?

OP
OP
F

F150 Pat

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It was not a crappy response. I have been to the dealer working with Ford Engineers no less than 9 times. Parts, modules, software updates, reinstalls. I'll assume you don't have my problem. Thank You.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It was not a crappy response. I have been to the dealer working with Ford Engineers no less than 9 times. Parts, modules, software updates, reinstalls. I'll assume you don't have my problem. Thank You.
Just humor me and post your Sync version....I will bet it is NOWHERE near the current version. Maybe current based on what FRDS is telling the tech, but not current. If the APIM has already been swapped, that is the only hardware that would affect this issue. Dude, I am trying to help. Do you want a possible solution, or keep screwing with Ford? Completely up to you. I am not a rookie at this, and not taking a stab in the dark.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
SYNC 3.0 20204
Yep, NOWHERE near the current version. I would be willing to bet $20 bucks that updating to 3.4.20282(Current available is 3.4.22020) or above will remedy the issue. My guess is that at some point your APIM was swapped, it has newer firmware, and they are based on your post putting an older version of Sync on it. It can cause all kinds of undocumented weird behavior. Since I have never heard of this issue, and based on your response, neither has the helpline, it is a weird combo. I would update the software, then bill the dealer for my time if I was you...but I'm not.