Amp install in an 04

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kngthn76

Reaction score
Did a quick search and didn't find what I was looking for. I have an 04 and since the battery is on the passenger side, I wanted to run the power wire there. Has anyone run on that side without drilling the firewall?

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You should find a factory rubber grommet that you might be able to sneak into if power cable your running is not too thick. Running straight to the battery is the proper way to hook up any amp, or accessory. If you can run your negative straight to the - on battery as well. I always run an in line fuse on the positive side about 12 inches away from battery. You can't depend on the fuses in amp to trip, if and when you have a dead short.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You could run a wire along side of the wire that goes from the battery to the fuse box and use the same opening

No drilling required

scoot0073

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You could run a wire along side of the wire that goes from the battery to the fuse box and use the same opening

No drilling required
This is what I did today for my 4 gauge to get it through the firewall.. was not easy but better than trying to fit a drill down there..lol

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I agree, you never know when your drilling what you'll hit. By the way your post is one of the most recent on a tag along from earlier in the year when our good friend Bedrck 47 passed on to the other side. We all miss him!

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk