Amsoil Drop in air filter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

andrew_s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Been searching all morning and Im wondering if anyone of yall have done this and if so whats the part number? I was going to go grab a k and n like I always have in the past but I think I want to get away from an oiled filter this time around. Thanks!

OP
OP
A

andrew_s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Also has anyone just replaced the tube to the airbox. All those resonators look like they kill response. Would love to not get a cone intake this time around.

whowey

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hmmm... Amsoil is not showing an EAA filter for the 07 and up Expeditions, but they do show one for the F-150s. Is the a difference between the two??

If you get the measurements of the filter though we can see if I can match it to the dimensions of the available ones.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

andrew_s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok so using K and N's website I found that the 09+ f150 uses the same filter as 3rd gen Expeditions. But a quick search on amsoil for a 2009 f150 shows the exact same thing as my expedition and WIX only. I already gave up on this and bought a K and N panel the other day, I really wanted to get away from oiled but I needed a new filter. I was considering this but couldnt afford it quite yet. Still an option but for now its back to ol K and N.

bricekin

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was considering this but couldnt afford it quite yet. Still an option but for now its back to ol K and N.

I decided to stay with a standard filter until I can afford that AirRaid filter. I refuse to go oiled filters again... Im so tired of worrying about potential issues with them.

OP
OP
A

andrew_s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have always used k and n filters and never had any issues. I just wanted to not have to fiddle with oiling mine anymore. Hoping to be able to swing it next paycheck otherwise its going to be a while.

bricekin

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've never had issues with them either but I usually blow a lot of the oil out before I install them. I just don't like the idea of oil possibly gumming up my intake tube.

whowey

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is that what the 3rd gen filter looks like?? With that big plate on the bottom?? I know Amsoil doesn't carry any EAA ones that look like that.

whowey

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you measure the dimensions on the stock one including the filter media depth, I can try and match it to the ones in the EAA book.