ANC useless?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MxRacer965

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Anyone actually notice ANC doing anything in their Platinum? I have a 2019 Max that is my DD, but I also have a 2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn crew cab with the longer box that’s my “beater” I drive to the airport and on work trips and the interior seems quieter. I always marvel how quiet the Ram is. Not that the Expedition is loud, just the Ram is that quiet. And it’s just a (nicely equipped) Big Horn. Not even a Laramie or Limited.

Anyone else feel like it does nothing or anyone that believes it does? Any way to measure the effectiveness of the ANC?

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My son has a 2014 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman crewcab 4x4, and I have always thought it was quieter inside than my 2015 Ford Expedition Limited 4x4 (which does not have active noise cancellation).

Fastcar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Anyone actually notice ANC doing anything in their Platinum? I have a 2019 Max that is my DD, but I also have a 2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn crew cab with the longer box that’s my “beater” I drive to the airport and on work trips and the interior seems quieter. I always marvel how quiet the Ram is. Not that the Expedition is loud, just the Ram is that quiet. And it’s just a (nicely equipped) Big Horn. Not even a Laramie or Limited.

Anyone else feel like it does nothing or anyone that believes it does? Any way to measure the effectiveness of the ANC?
Could it be that a lot of the noise is coming from the rear that is inside the truck with you as opposed to being way behind you in a pickup and not in the passenger area.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The ltd I had didn't have have any but when I first bought it, the interior was vault like quiet. After about 7k miles on the tires however, the car was markedly louder. Before I turned it in, with 34k on it, during rain or wind, it was hard to converse with ppl in the rear.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hsquared360