Another Cam phaser question...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cdog2964

Reaction score
I really want to sell my 2019 exp, but it has the cam phaser issue and i really dont want to **** that off on someone else, however, my dealership wont fix it. Laundry list of excuses from a bad oil filter causing the problem to there is a software fix coming... Does anyone know of escalation point within ford that have worked to get it fixed or can i use an outside mechanic to do the warranty work? It only has 28k miles on it and also has the extended warranty so this should be a no brainer to get warranty work approved.
thx

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I really want to sell my 2019 exp, but it has the cam phaser issue and i really dont want to **** that off on someone else, however, my dealership wont fix it. Laundry list of excuses from a bad oil filter causing the problem to there is a software fix coming... Does anyone know of escalation point within ford that have worked to get it fixed or can i use an outside mechanic to do the warranty work? It only has 28k miles on it and also has the extended warranty so this should be a no brainer to get warranty work approved.
thx

If it were me - I would contact an attorney to take legal action to force Ford (and its authorized service dealer) to repair your vehicle. The will be the escalation point that gets Ford's attention - and will cost them extra for attorney fees.

You should not have to beg or coerce your authorized Ford dealer to perform warranty repairs.

My two cents.

duneslider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If the manufacturer says it isn't a problem then you will have a tough time making any headway with an attorney? Even ford mechanics say the issue won't cause long term damage. Ford has said they have a software issue that will resolve the "noise" it makes at start up and that appears to now be their stance on the situation. Just sell it, if it really only has 28k miles it is still under the factory warranty and the new owner can take it to Ford if they want.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Theres no point In fixing them. They don't hurt anything, and it has warranty. Just dump it.

OP
OP
C

cdog2964

Reaction score
If the manufacturer says it isn't a problem then you will have a tough time making any headway with an attorney? Even ford mechanics say the issue won't cause long term damage. Ford has said they have a software issue that will resolve the "noise" it makes at start up and that appears to now be their stance on the situation. Just sell it, if it really only has 28k miles it is still under the factory warranty and the new owner can take it to Ford if they want.
it does only have 28k miles and i understand that its still under warranty that will transfer to the next buyer. In fact i bought the extended 100k mile warranty, but would you want to buy a car with a known issue? I will definitely disclose it.

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
it does only have 28k miles and i understand that its still under warranty that will transfer to the next buyer. In fact i bought the extended 100k mile warranty, but would you want to buy a car with a known issue? I will definitely disclose it.
Take it to another dealership. Preferably a bigger one. (the bigger the better we have heard on here)
And dont go in asking go in telling,
Do your homework on the other threads about cam phasers get the (what is it TBS#?) and be ready to tell all the symptoms. Learn what they did to get the repair done and use that to your advantage. You have to go in letting them know you will not take no for an answer.
Squeeky wheel gets the grease.

Fastcar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
With today's price's on used vehicles you will probably do just as well trading it as selling it. I traded my 2019 Ram pick up for 2K less than I paid for it. To a private party you sorta have to disclose. A dealer, they have access to your warranty claims, it is up to them to do their due diligence. Actually they don't care if something is wrong with it. There is a factory warranty involved, they will get Ford to fix it if they own it.

OP
OP
C

cdog2964

Reaction score
With today's price's on used vehicles you will probably do just as well trading it as selling it. I traded my 2019 Ram pick up for 2K less than I paid for it. To a private party you sorta have to disclose. A dealer, they have access to your warranty claims, it is up to them to do their due diligence. Actually they don't care if something is wrong with it. There is a factory warranty involved, they will get Ford to fix it if they own it.
Oh yes, that was absolutely our first choice, but there is really nothing out there. Its my wifes car and she really wants a similar type of SUV, other than another expedition, but there is really no tahoes, armadas, etc. at least in our area. we are going to talk to a dealer this weekend about ordering one, but we are afraid that if we wait the estimate 4-6 months, our current expedition wont be worth as much so we would like to dump it now.
Im also going to take it to carmax and see what they give me.
thx

Fastcar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Your going to really have to look hard. There are Expeditions here in FL, not all that far from you.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
othermrsikes