Another lift question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chadly

Reaction score
Got an 01 XLT 2WD with the air ride on the rear. Would like to lift it, but not sure what my options are. I did a search and read every post I could find but still couldnt find an answer.

Is a body lift possible? I'm not sure how the ride height sensor is attached, but I think it goes from the axle to the frame. I was just under there yesterday to adjust the rear height but dont remember.

Thanks for any help.

LightningExpo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i was also wondering the same thing i have an 01 EB but from what ive seen the only option is a 6" lift for the 4x4.. from what ive seen the body lift kit will not work for the rear air suspension. looking around i see that fabtech offers a 3.5" lift kit with new spindles, shocks etc. thats all ive been able to come across so far

Last edited:

LightningExpo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
does anyone have any insight on the 3" body lift and how i can make it work with the air ride? thanks

Sexpedition87

Reaction score
im with yall on this one.i will tell you one thing ive thought of doing and have also been told to try.if you notice the air bags on the axle are mounted on a plate.ive been told to try to make a spacer.like just take the bags out and make a metal cup to put where the bags go.atleast 1/4" thick plate.either weld it or bolt it to the plates on the frame.then reinstall the bags on the cups. instant lift.i wouldnt lift it to much id only do a max of 3-4".get to high and the bags would get to top heavy and cause tension on the cups and possibly brake the cups or bolts bolts.ive thought about and i dont see why it wouldnt work.and keeping the bags wound insure a good ride for a lifted truck.if any one trys let me know.im still debating on lifting or just lowering on some 24's.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
badbolr