Any Bluecruise reviews?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

caplanm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’m guessing it will be great for stop and go too.

My BMW has “traffic jam assist.” It only functions on freeways/toll ways when speed is slow. I think it kicks in if you stay below 25 mph for a period of time. A message appears on the dash when it becomes available. Once it does, you can go hands free up to 40 mph.

It really takes the stress out of construction zones or city rush hour.
Actually, my 2018 Platinum has Adaptive Cruise Control with "Stop and Go". It works very well. I needed to feel comfortable with it. During a traffic jam, with vehicles stopped in front of me, I was scared that it wouldn't stop. But it did!!. Just something that I got used to, and now, have full confidence in. It works great, and am sure that the Blue Cruise will make thing a lot better on my 2022 Platinum.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The adaptive cruise on my 2018 is a complete joke, so hopefully this is better.
The adaptive slams on the brakes and then floors it and downshifts the trans endlessly anytime traffic slows and speeds up. It pains me to hear the wasteful brake and trans wear that it constantly does. Its no wonder why guys are replacing their brake pads so often on the forum.

caplanm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The adaptive slams on the brakes and then floors it and downshifts the trans endlessly anytime traffic slows and speeds up. It pains me to hear the wasteful brake and trans wear that it constantly does. Its no wonder why guys are replacing their brake pads so often on the forum.
I have to say that the adaptive cruise control on my 2018 Platinum does NOT work like that. Not sure what's up with your vehicle. I am in the Boston metro area, and use it all of time. It works fine!! We have traffic jams every hour and every day, especially after COVID, where people no longer use Commuter Rail or Subway, where masks are required

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If its in eco, it def doesn't work that hard. I had always kept mine in setting three and it was pretty smooth on the road. Setting two or one it would brake a lil bit hard for my liking.

caplanm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just to remind everyone that the Platinum's and others, like the Mustang Mach E, will be updatable via WiFi and 4G Wireless (ATT). According to Ford, this will allow updates to current features AND additions to newer features, not yet activated. From what I know, the subscriptions($) will cover newer features, but enhancements to existing features and functions should be no charge.

xraymd

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Actually, my 2018 Platinum has Adaptive Cruise Control with "Stop and Go". It works very well. I needed to feel comfortable with it. During a traffic jam, with vehicles stopped in front of me, I was scared that it wouldn't stop. But it did!!. Just something that I got used to, and now, have full confidence in. It works great, and am sure that the Blue Cruise will make thing a lot better on my 2022 Platinum.

The traffic jam assist is completely hands off. It was strange at first, but now I don’t even think about it.

Definitely something to adjust to. It reduces my stress, but I’m not sure it’s for everyone.

bryz_expy

Reaction score
My 19 with adaptive cruise works great for traffic jams. As mentioned above if you use 1-2 car following distance it probably won’t work as smooth. I like a little space in front of me regardless. It gives it more time for the system to react and smooth acceleration and braking.

lscrx

Reaction score

That's funny, my 2019 Max (no adaptive cruise) had destroyed the rear pads in <60k miles but the front pads were still in decent shape... TBF the front pads could have been replaced prior to me buying it with 30k miles on it.