Any Bluecruise reviews?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

balthisar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a Platinum on order because it has BlueCruise. I've been using BlueCruise on my Mach E since it was in beta, and it's the reason I upgraded my order to Platinum from Limited. I'm assuming it will work similarly.

OP
OP
R

RetiredSOB

Reaction score
Same here, but I thought I saw a thread where someone was saying that it was constantly making you put your hands on the wheel for no reason. I just wanted a few more first world experiences.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you are getting BC because you think it will allow you to not pay attention you will be VERY sad. BC actually requires you to pay MORE attention to the road. It watches your eyes, ignore it, and well it will yell at you, make you put your hands on the wheel. Look too much down, left or right, and it will ding at you. I like it in my 150. It standards are high, and I respect that. It does not take peripheral vision in to account. In high accident, or merge areas it will require hands. For fly over, and tight turns it will do the same. Straight highways, where things can be very boring, it excels!

OP
OP
R

RetiredSOB

Reaction score
If you are getting BC because you think it will allow you to not pay attention you will be VERY sad. BC actually requires you to pay MORE attention to the road. It watches your eyes, ignore it, and well it will yell at you, make you put your hands on the wheel. Look too much down, left or right, and it will ding at you. I like it in my 150. It standards are high, and I respect that. It does not take peripheral vision in to account. In high accident, or merge areas it will require hands. For fly over, and tight turns it will do the same. Straight highways, where things can be very boring, it excels!

Thanks, that was very helpful. We do long drives 12+ hours multiple times each year and it would be nice just to get a break from gripping the wheel continually. I will definitely be paying attention as we almost get run off the road by a trucker every trip.

Have you noticed that they have added anymore highways that were not on the original 130,000 mile map?

caplanm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to it because we take long trips, much of which are done on Interstate Highways. It is that situation, I would like some relief from. I'm retired, and get a little stiff, and I feel like after about 4 or 5 hours of straight highway driving, I find myself getting a bit mentally tired. So, I think the BlueCruise will help. I'm not looking for what Tesla has. I do believe that Ford and GM are being conservative in their implementation.

xraymd

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’m guessing it will be great for stop and go too.

My BMW has “traffic jam assist.” It only functions on freeways/toll ways when speed is slow. I think it kicks in if you stay below 25 mph for a period of time. A message appears on the dash when it becomes available. Once it does, you can go hands free up to 40 mph.

It really takes the stress out of construction zones or city rush hour.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I’m guessing it will be great for stop and go too.

My BMW has “traffic jam assist.” It only functions on freeways/toll ways when speed is slow. I think it kicks in if you stay below 25 mph for a period of time. A message appears on the dash when it becomes available. Once it does, you can go hands free up to 40 mph.

It really takes the stress out of construction zones or city rush hour.
Yeah, even automatic cruise that Ford has had for years will help with that. But will disengage like you said if you spend too much time below a certain speed.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to it because we take long trips, much of which are done on Interstate Highways. It is that situation, I would like some relief from. I'm retired, and get a little stiff, and I feel like after about 4 or 5 hours of straight highway driving, I find myself getting a bit mentally tired. So, I think the BlueCruise will help. I'm not looking for what Tesla has. I do believe that Ford and GM are being conservative in their implementation.
It will definitely help in those situations!

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks, that was very helpful. We do long drives 12+ hours multiple times each year and it would be nice just to get a break from gripping the wheel continually. I will definitely be paying attention as we almost get run off the road by a trucker every trip.

Have you noticed that they have added anymore highways that were not on the original 130,000 mile map?
Yes. They added a different section of one of the highways near where I live with the last update. It was just lane centering hands on the wheel and is now BC.