Any other shocks available besides Ford OEM and Bilstein?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dcsang

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I purchased a set of Monroe Quick-Struts for a Jeep Commander and had to warranty them within a year. That set degraded just as quick as the first. The ride is great for first couple of weeks but comfort and ride control drop off very quickly. I'm in NY, but even that doesn't justify the degradation.

I am looking to replace struts on the Expy soon and that experience compels me to get OEM replacements. My only dilemma is whether or not to replace the springs. RockAuto has the struts but looks like OEM springs are stealership only.

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I purchased a set of Monroe Quick-Struts for a Jeep Commander and had to warranty them within a year. That set degraded just as quick as the first. The ride is great for first couple of weeks but comfort and ride control drop off very quickly. I'm in NY, but even that doesn't justify the degradation.

I am looking to replace struts on the Expy soon and that experience compels me to get OEM replacements. My only dilemma is whether or not to replace the springs. RockAuto has the struts but looks like OEM springs are stealership only.
On a 2018 +, I would recommend Bilstein. The OEM shocks leak after a short time.

Wegner44

Reaction score
I have an '03. But I'll bet they have them for your year as well. Take care!

Grey ghost

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I love the Bilstein shocks on mine. It was a definite major improvement if you want a soft ride may I suggest you buy a 61 Chrysler imperial and have it completely restored you won't find a better ride than that