Any other shocks available besides Ford OEM and Bilstein?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jastevenson

Reaction score
Am looking for the softest possible ride, and trying to look at all the options. Thanks!

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Bilsteins actually ride very well. They maintain control and that’s what you need a shock to do. Did very well under my f350.

duneslider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have the bilsteins and I will say the ride is not quite as "soft" as stock but I think the feel is better. It feels more controlled and less "boat" like. I still feel the ride is very good but I am sure there are lesser quality shocks that would match stock ride and not leak. Maybe look at monroe? Or anything that isn't a nitrogen shock, they will generally be a little stiffer in feel.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
OPs issue is he has tbe base suspension setup, not the ccd. The ccd already has a softer setup than the base setup. The aftermarket shocks are meant to stiffen the ride some, so id think hed be less happy with those. Hes tried to downsize his wheels, i believe hes tried to do different shocks, hes never confirmed if he tried to install navigator springs.

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I drove some base suspension trucks and thought the ride was very good. More controlled than the ccd I ended up with. I’ve grown to like the floaty ccd. The hankrooks aren’t good tires and it wasn’t good in cold weather. They’ve been much better since it got warmer.

gtnator

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I drove some base suspension trucks and thought the ride was very good. More controlled than the ccd I ended up with. I’ve grown to like the floaty ccd. The hankrooks aren’t good tires and it wasn’t good in cold weather. They’ve been much better since it got warmer.

Will you consider a different brand of tire next time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score

I tbought my expy was one of the best driving cars ive ever driven period, and the firmish ride has something to do with that. I will say overtime, that firm ride was 2 firm at times and that great blend of control i loved at first became an irritation during some runs. It was never "uncomfy" but if i could do it over, id take the soft, floaty, at times bouncy but cushy and calm ride of the ccd, over the controlled, tight but busy and somewhat stiff base suspension. Im sure the op feels that now.

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Will you consider a different brand of tire next time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

absolutely. Already have a chunk missing at 1200 miles. Don’t see that with other stuff until they get old and start cracking. Then chunks have come out on others. Not until then. Probably Michelin premier ltx is what I’ll go with.