Anybody try both Cooper Discoverer AT3 4S and XLT?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cullinan18

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Has anybody tried both Cooper Discoverer AT3 4S and XLT versions on their Expy? I have around 50k miles on my 4S tires and am getting close to needing another set of tires. I daily drive my Expy. I off road a little. I tow a 7,500# travel trailer. I have loved 4S tires, but was wondering if anybody tried both sets of tires to get their experience if one type is better than the other for daily driving, mild off roading, and towing.

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not directly responsive since I haven't tried the 4S, but the XLT improved my stability whole towing substantially. The increased puncture resistance was an added bonus. Some tire dealers, like Discount Tire, will let you exchange the tires if you aren't comfortable with them. I recommend trying the XLT for a week to see how you like them.

Grizguy

Reaction score
I have run Coopers on my F350, E350, F150 and 2 expeditions. I am not 100% sure, but the last 2 sets have not held up as the well as they had in the past. I am wondering if they changed the rubber compound?