Anybody with a Platinum in Production

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RetiredSOB

Reaction score
Does anyone have a Platinum that has actually gone into production so that you can see your window sticker? I'm trying to find out exactly what is being deleted from these vehicles by the factory, such as massaging seats, rear a/c controls, auto park, etc.

Any window stickers would help me decide if I need to cut bait and just go with a Limited, I don't want to pay $80K+ just for Bluecruise.

Last edited:

caplanm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine is not scheduled yet. Waiting patiently!! The order guide from 4/1/22 is attached. Other than reaching out to your dealer to check directly, the order guide is pretty accurate. There is a "Job #1" section which summarizes the content deletions. I think you'll be in the same boat with a high end limited.

Attachments

• 2022 Expedition Order Guide 04 04 04.pdf
    803.9 KB · Views: 27
OP
OP
R

RetiredSOB

Reaction score
Mine is not scheduled yet. Waiting patiently!! The order guide from 4/1/22 is attached. Other than reaching out to your dealer to check directly, the order guide is pretty accurate. There is a "Job #1" section which summarizes the content deletions. I think you'll be in the same boat with a high end limited.

Thanks for that order guide. I assume that is also for Platinums that have already been ordered?

That's a lot of missing goodies:

JOB 1 ORDER GUIDE UPDATES
● Added: 2nd Row Climate Control/2nd Row Heated Seats Removal
(57C) – Required Option on XL (100A/101A/104A), XLT, Timberline.
Limited, King Ranch and Platinum series.

• ● Added: Active Park Assist 2.0 Removal (98G) – Required Option on

Timberline (501A), Limited (302A/303A/304A), King Ranch and

Platinum series.

• ● Added: Auto Start-Stop Removal (52L) – Required Option on XL,

XLT. Timberline, Limited (301A/302A/303A) and King Ranch series.

• ● Added: Standard Luxury Leather-Trimmed Front Seats – (with Multi-

Contour Seat Removal) (88R) – Option Recommended for Scheduling on Platinum series only.

erikwr

Reaction score
You may want to consider contacting your dealership.

I ordered 12/18, Ford shows as ordered 01/14. I originally had a projected build the last week of March, which has been moved to thd first week of May.

When I heard about the massage seats being deleted, I contacted my dealership. It took a couple of days, but they (at least at this point) confirmed the massage seats are still “in my build”.

So with that info in mind, It would appear that vehicles already scheduled have whatever options allocated for.

That the elimination of options apples to orders going forward.

Obviously I won’t know until I’m able to see the window sticker. Which based on info on this forum, is apparently only visible a week or less prior to actual build date.

balthisar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My October-ordered and March-built Platinum is on a chip hold. Because I'm an employee I can see the build configuration, and can confirm that what I can currently see, I still have multicontour seats, park assist, etc. Configuration changes show up in a log, so I'm fairly confident that this is accurate.

carnevallemarcelo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My October-ordered and March-built Platinum is on a chip hold. Because I'm an employee I can see the build configuration, and can confirm that what I can currently see, I still have multicontour seats, park assist, etc. Configuration changes show up in a log, so I'm fairly confident that this is accurate.
Do you know what's the hold off and when will be cleared?

Ladman

Reaction score
I must tell you I have one on order and with them taking things off I started looking on dealer's web sites last Wednesday night. I found two black ones, one in San Antiono and one in Huntsville Tx. Called SA Thursday at 8:45am and was told it was sold. Called to Bill Flick Ford in Huntsville Tx and really nice lady said it came in on the truck Tuesday and not sold yet. I asked if they were marking them up from MSRP and she said no and they would discount it! I thought i must not have herd her correct and asked her to repeat it and she said we well take $$$$ off of it. I told her I would take it. Went and woke the wife up and said you are getting a black one with black interior. I went against all my beliefs about buying black but I wanted those Multiconture seats!
Bought it 3 hrs. later AND they delivered it to me 7hours away on Friday.
It drives so nice and smooth. The Bluecrusise so worth it. Having the Multicontour seats will make trips great. After 5 back surgery I needed something like them.
Sorry for the long post.
I will always buy from Bill Lick Ford in Huntsville Tx.