Anyone added aftermarket exhaust?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheDoug

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was curious if anyone here had added an aftermarket catback to their expedition. Looks like the only kit I can find is the magnaflow one. Is there anything else out there?

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Magnaflow are HORRIBLE for nasty drone! Be careful what you sign up for. Typically Corsa is the non-drone option!

I can't stand the non stop drone all my previous Magnaflow's had on my other cars.

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Magnaflow are HORRIBLE for nasty drone! Be careful what you sign up for. Typically Corsa is the non-drone option!

I can't stand the non stop drone all my previous Magnaflow's had on my other cars.
Corsa is way too harsh sounding. Magnaflow on Ecoboosts are good only if they are straight thru design. Any chambered muffler on a turbo is a no no. Go look at the F-150 guys putting corsa vs magnaflow. Corsa gives you a ton of Drone because of how aggressive it is and magnaflow is definitely more mellow. For starters, I would try doing the rear resonator removal and see how you like that sound. I played with my exhaust a bit and everything I did made it sound shittier than stock. I stopped with the rear resonator removal

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
With only 3.5L I would't ever expect it to sound good. Its just a V6.... Sounds like an old Dodge K-Car with the muffler dragging lol.

OP
OP
TheDoug

TheDoug

Full Access Members
Reaction score
With only 3.5L I would't ever expect it to sound good. Its just a V6.... Sounds like an old Dodge K-Car with the muffler dragging lol.

I realize it's not a v8 but I was hoping for just a little more of an aggressive tone. I heard some clips online of the f150s with the 3.5 and the magnaflow sounds about the right level for me but I am always worried about drone in cabin.

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I realize it's not a v8 but I was hoping for just a little more of an aggressive tone. I heard some clips online of the f150s with the 3.5 and the magnaflow sounds about the right level for me but I am always worried about drone in cabin.
They also keep the OEM resonator on the f150s also

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Good to know, thanks

I might hold off on any exhaust upgrades for a while then... think I will upgrade the intercooler first.
I recommend doing the IC and all cold and hot side pipes. I’m getting the mishimoto for my 16 with the pipe kit next