Anyone monitoring Trans Temp with ODB2 reader app?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hmmm....maybe I should remove the MX+ from my shopping cart. I removed the MX a few days ago and now its on sale. Hopefully I can get the same action by removing the MX+ and force it to go on sale too.

Always worth a try!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I just hooked up the OBDLink MX with the app. Registered it, eyc. When I go to Extras, all of them are $9.99. No freebies.

I did not get any free when I setup my MX 2 years ago. I know that is true with the MX+ when I set it up after Black Friday. Others have said that they are all free now with the MX+. I have not verified that.

JimmyM

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I figured out what I have to do between Torque and the MX (Not MX+) to get access to the MS-CAN bus for specific PIDs (TPMS). (Diagnostic Start & Stop commands)
To read the trans temp I had to specify 221624 as the PID and then "7e1" as the OBD Header. I see that the Ford specific free importable PIDs also now have a transmission temp PID that has the same settings. So you don't have to create a new one yourself.
I created a "Towing dashboard" in Torque that displays, coolant & trans temps, transmission gear, and fuel economy. I'll be adding the TPMS gauges when I get the MX.
Well, I was wrong. The TPMS PIDs don't work. Back to the drawing board.
The trans temperature details above (I corrected) work like a champ.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well, I was wrong. The TPMS PIDs don't work. Back to the drawing board.
The trans temperature details above (I corrected) work like a champ.

What Year? I have verified the Extended PIDs in the OBDLINK app and OBDFusion for Tire Pressure work on 15-17’s.

OP
OP
Black

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I did not get any free when I setup my MX 2 years ago. I know that is true with the MX+ when I set it up after Black Friday. Others have said that they are all free now with the MX+. I have not verified that.

2A3A7815-403B-4560-ABB0-8E16D7534746.png

I just verified and downloaded the added packages for our 2012 Toyota free of charge.
Again I have the MX+ and believe this is the only model getting the free extras.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
View attachment 28067

I just verified and downloaded the added packages for our 2012 Toyota free of charge.
Again I have the MX+ and believe this is the only model getting the free extras.

Yeah, I just downloaded several years of Ford PIDs. It just keeps letting you use the free upgrade! Very Cool!

JimmyM

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What Year? I have verified the Extended PIDs in the OBDLINK app and OBDFusion for Tire Pressure work on 15-17’s.

2011. I downloaded the PAID FOR Extras for my truck. It shows TPMS PIDs but doesn't return any data.