‘24 Platinum Wireless App Projection???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GregTu

Reaction score
FYI: I just stumbled into a settings page for “Wireless App Projection”. Searching for those terms in the onboard manual or the downloadable pdf does not have any hits. This forum has one entry from November that lists it in an error message. Google gets a few hits in the lightingowners forum and the Mache forum, but I haven’t dug into those links yet. It seems related but different from CarPlay and purports to broadcast the active app to the sync 4a screen. It may provide some capabilities different than apple carplay, but that will take some digging after my wife finishes dragging me to see Christmas decorations in the far west Chicago suburbs.

My first reaction is Ford dropped in a last minute feature, but G. Ashcroft’s post is for a ‘22 XLT.

If anyone has a link to more/better info I’d appreciate it.

In the mean time FYI:

IMG_0838.jpeg

IMG_0839.jpeg

IMG_0840.jpeg

OP
OP
G

GregTu

Reaction score
A little digging seems to point to enabling wireless CarPlay and Android Auto. Not intended to be a standalone feature.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It is not standalone. It is the feature on the backend that provides Wireless CarPlay and Android Auto. If you turn it off it then requires a wired connection for both CP, and AA. It allows you to force wired, and see the settings.

OP
OP
G

GregTu

Reaction score
It is not standalone. It is the feature on the backend that provides Wireless CarPlay and Android Auto. If you turn it off it then requires a wired connection for both CP, and AA. It allows you to force wired, and see the settings.
Thanks!

I thought it odd that would be in settings where an owner could mess it up.

PhoenixRizez

Reaction score
But there are 3rd party aftermarket devices that allow you to completely mirror your device to your vehicle’s screen, like The Magic Box 2.0. It allows you to literally stream Netflix or anything you want to your built-in screen, even when the car is in motion.

Of course, keep in mind that using it to play a movie, show, etc while actually driving and within the view of the driver, even if the driver is not actually watching, is illegal in most states.

I’ve never bought one because I didn’t see the point of spending $300 to mirror the phone to the screen for my kid to watch movies when he can just watch his tablet. So, unfortunately, I can’t comment on how well these devices work, just that they exist.