anyone running e3 plugs? Good bad same???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Captain Morgan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Any chance you can record your success with a camcorder?

If you PAUSE in between steps it would make a short video that describes what tools you used, the socket sizes, what your old plugs look like, how you seat your new plugs, what major parts have to be moved\removed in order to do the job.

I'm my head, this could be a 2 minute video that could answer a great many questions about the difficulty of changing the plugs and COPs.

Are you planning to soak the plug wells overnight with a solvent, or run any in to the intake enough to saturate the cylinders?

OP
OP
S

semperfi96

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Any chance you can record your success with a camcorder?

If you PAUSE in between steps it would make a short video that describes what tools you used, the socket sizes, what your old plugs look like, how you seat your new plugs, what major parts have to be moved\removed in order to do the job.

I'm my head, this could be a 2 minute video that could answer a great many questions about the difficulty of changing the plugs and COPs.

Are you planning to soak the plug wells overnight with a solvent, or run any in to the intake enough to saturate the cylinders?

Yeah I can do a write up with a vid attached. I wont be doing till this weekend so Ill update the thread as soon as its done

Captain Morgan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thx, it would be great to have something handy to help a lot of folks out. Some people state they remove the fuel lines, others say you need special adapters.

A How-To or Guide with a tools\parts list that we can direct folks to could answer a lot of questions, a video paints a thousand words.

Exia

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If I am not mistaken I posted a YT vid on coils and spark plug removal in another thread

OP
OP
S

semperfi96

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If I am not mistaken I posted a YT vid on coils and spark plug removal in another thread

You did in my other thread. He showed how to do number one. I think what he's wanting is a step by on each cyclinder.

Captain Morgan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes, having and end to end example is good, having more than one example is better.

If it's really good and gets plenty of thumbs up, it could get sticky'd.

Want to know how many chainsaw videos I watched this week?

99exp

Reaction score
Anyone have feedback on using Bosch Iridium plugs? 99Xlt 4.6L 239,000+ miles.
Missfire on #3. I've had the truck since Dec. 2011, She's been a doll so far and I have no idea when she was last tuned up.

Exia

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Anyone have feedback on using Bosch Iridium plugs? 99Xlt 4.6L 239,000+ miles.
Missfire on #3. I've had the truck since Dec. 2011, She's been a doll so far and I have no idea when she was last tuned up.

Change plugs and/or coil packs...

I wouldn't buy the iridium plugs they burn hotter and dont last as long that and they are 15+ a piece.

99exp

Reaction score
Thanks Exia, I'll do the plugs first and see if that resolves the problem, should I just go with OEM plugs?