Are KO2s worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rickofaustin

Reaction score
It’s time to get a fresh set of tires on my new to me 2003 Eddie Bauer edition I know the KO twos are very popular but I have them on my Montero and I find them noisy. It might just be the suspension on my Montero though.
They’re about the most expensive we can find I’m planning to get 275 70 17. Do we have a lot of happy people running those?

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes. Have had three sets, one being the new K03s. They are amazing. Old KOs were really noisy and not very good overall. There is no better than the new K02s. Quite, great in all weather, and look great.

whtbronco

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I guess it depends on what you're doing with your Expedition. I ran BFG AT's for years, best tire for the street in the 90's in my opinion. When the KO's came out I the price went up and I went to bigger tires. I switched to Super Swamper SSR's. Once I got back to something with smaller tires, my '04 Expedition, the BFG AT's were unobtainable due to cost. I tried various tires the BFG Long Trail Tour were decent and the last 4 sets have been General Grabber HTS. I drove the Expedition with the Long Trail Tour and Grabber HTS both in more 30" of snow multiple times and 1/4" plus freezing rain several times as well with very little trouble, passing almost everything else on the roads. I have to go to work regardless of the weather. So I certainly can't say I need the AT's anymore, street tread tires are very nearly as good.

I can afford the KO's now days, but aside from the appearance I can't see a reason to get them. They cost more, are a bit louder and my off-road these days is fields and gravel roads. No more rock crawling or muddin.