Are the LED headlights worth the extra $740?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fordman1979

Reaction score
Just curious who has them and if they are good? Are they worth it over the halogen projectors?

RenegadeBad_Dog

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just curious who has them and if they are good? Are they worth it over the halogen projectors?
I don't know how well the LEDs work but on our 2016 the halogen bulbs suck at night I drive with the LED fog lights to see.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes they are...they work better, they look better and they last for life of the car.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes they are...they work better, they look better and they last for life of the car.
The ‘lasts the life of the car’ alone is worth it in my book. Moving from halogens in my previous car to the LED’s on mine now is such an upgrade that I wouldn’t wanna go back to halogens ever again.

Mike Wolfe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Good morning all
First drive in the dark since LED upgrade
Installed the Hikari Philips Lumileds 12000 Lumen LED bulbs in low & high beams on our 2018 EXPY XLT with projector lenses for low beams
Huge difference in brightness
So much better than halogens
Cutoff the same for low beams but very happy with the increased brightness
Use the fog lights with the low beams which helps
High beams are amazing
Well worth the $200.00 for the low beams, high beams & fog lights

Damien

Reaction score
I would actually recommend going with regular headlamps and change them out your self . And you can do some different kind of set up and much brighter ,and cheaper to.

GunnerD

Reaction score
Reportedly the halogens on the 2018 Expy are exceptionally bad. (See another thread in this forum.) Whether this means you want to pay extra for OEM LED headlights or aftermarket is up to you, but $740 may not be much in the greater scheme of things, and the OEM LED headlights, given that they're engineered for the application, may work better than aftermarket.

Mike Wolfe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Actually had led low beam headlights on my 2016 explorer sport
Still had a similar cutoff
The HIKARI bulbs are much brighter than the OEM LED's in our explorer
The explorer used halogen for high beams which was kind of cheap on Ford's part
HIKARI bulbs in high beam are way better

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You also get the c-led daytime running strip with the led, which you cant get with the std setup. To me, this shouldve been std anyway, and help makes the truck stand out since every other modern vehicle has a daytime led strip somewhere. Still erks me to this day and the one of only two things i wouldve done different with my purchase.

OP
OP
Fordman1979

Fordman1979

Reaction score
You also get the c-led daytime running strip with the led, which you cant get with the std setup. To me, this shouldve been std anyway, and help makes the truck stand out since every other modern vehicle has a daytime led strip somewhere. Still erks me to this day and the one of only two things i wouldve done different with my purchase.

I agree. Even cheap brands on low end cars have led strips, but Ford only does it on top end. ****** me off.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chase5817