Are you keeping your tires?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ETC13

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I kept the OEM tires mounted on the OEM wheels just for road trips. Had the tire shop install normal valve stems too. Put the factory TPMS’s in the new tires/rims.
So for road trips you have no TPMS? This seems like when you would want TPMS the most.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

DWs-TTEB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So for road trips you have no TPMS? This seems like when you would want TPMS the most.

Yup. I will be old school and use a psi gauge before and during trip. TPMS sensors are $80-120 each. $400+ No thanks

ETC13

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yup. I will be old school and use a psi gauge before and during trip. TPMS sensors are $80-120 each. $400+ No thanks
Are those Ford prices or aftermarket?

Calidad

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Stock 22’s have to my surprise been ok for my use. Will run them till replacement. Then go with a beefier hybrid A/T tire BFG Advantage Sport which I put on my Sequoia after many yrs running heavier A/Ts. Turns out the Advantage Sports have been really dang good.. So will try 22’s on the Expedition see how it goes

Ellison Brown III

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I kept my original wheels/ tires. I swapped them for the grey 5 spoke Ford wheels that come on the F-150’s and the 275/55/20’s.

Ended up putting the original OEM’s our ‘04 Expedition. The daughter drove the piss out of the tires that were on there. Oh, and the last time I was home I had to get her more tires... the OEM’s had a little less than a of it’s tread life when I swapped them out. Not to mention we’re talking about someone who doesn’t check their tires regularly.

Broncoholic

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've never understand people who keep OEM wheels, unless they're some special edition type that are kind of scarce. The only other reason to keep OEM wheels (IMO) is to use them in the winter if you're in the snow & salt. Most people keep the wheels and tires because "they might" use them in the future, just remember the flip side to that statement is you "probably won't". And if you love your new wheels so much that you wouldn't want to sell them with your truck, chances are really good you'll be able to buy someone else's used takeoff wheels to swap out when needed.

Brian Church

Reaction score
2020 Expy, came with 275/55/20 all terrain hankooks
Upgraded to the ready lift 3/2 and toyo open country highway 275/60/20s
I say we just keep my original ties and rims for back up. They have 70k miles on them. But have a lot of life left.My husband says sell them.
What do y'all do when you switch your tires?