Audio experts out there care to give some input?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MisterWicked1

Reaction score
First post here, I've been lurking for some time reading up on first gens preparing myself to buy one. About a week and a half ago I picked up a 01 Expy Eddie Bauer edition with 120k on the motor.

Anyways to my question the vehicle has the mach audio option, and I've read its a 8" woofer in the rear. I just installed a Pioneer avh-x2600bt and I have a couple amps I bought off a friend a little while back that needed some money I was wondering if anyone could give me some suggestions for a subwoofer to pair with either amp. I have a....

Audiobahn A2201q - 2 channel bridgeable amp rated at 50w x 2 @ 4 ohms 70w x 2 @ 2 ohms 140w x 1 @ 4 ohm

or

Alpine mrv-f340 - 55 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms
65 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms
130 watts RMS x 2 in bridged mode
2-, 3-, or 4-channel output

What would be best?

thanks

oblivion

Full Access Members
Reaction score
run them both, 4ch for door speakers, 2ch bridged for sub BUT, that audiobahn is pretty small. Fine if your going to power the factory unit or a replacement 8" sub. Your going to need alot more for something else.

Last edited:

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah...its a small amp so you will look for any sub that has 130 rms or less...single or dual voice coil...theyre out there...ebay...sonic electronics...crutchfield...all over the internet...look on craigslist too