Auto Folding Side Mirror uneven when folded

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

josephzac

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed this on their Expy?

I just noticed that the left side mirror is not in fully folding as the right side one.. See marking 1 in the pic below.
Each time the car is locked or folded manually this is how it folds.

Is this something common or is it an issue?
Ford Exp 2023 Limited Stealth with 1500 miles

Also has anyone noticed if the roof bends are symmetric ? On mine the the passenger side the design was only half the size of the others. See pic marking 2.

is it as per design?

1700602538334.png

Mr Big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
To reset the power-fold feature, use the power-folding mirror control to fold and unfold the mirrors. You may hear a loud noise as you reset the power-folding mirrors. This sound is normal. Repeat this process as needed each time the mirrors are manually folded.

Alwaysthinkin

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@josephzac I have seen other postings on here regarding the roof "bends" being like yours. Not sure anyone provided an absolute reason why in those discussions, but you are not alone.

sandbuster

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed this on their Expy?

I just noticed that the left side mirror is not in fully folding as the right side one.. See marking 1 in the pic below.
Each time the car is locked or folded manually this is how it folds.

Is this something common or is it an issue?
Ford Exp 2023 Limited Stealth with 1500 miles

Also has anyone noticed if the roof bends are symmetric ? On mine the the passenger side the design was only half the size of the others. See pic marking 2.

is it as per design?

View attachment 79427
That is kinda wierd - now I gota go out and check mine.. (2017).

Mr Big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My driver's side mirror does not close as much as my passenger side mirror on my 2019. Calibrating it does not fix it.

Profkanz

Reaction score
During a heavy rain my parked but not locked Expy side mirrors folded in by themselves. During the next unlock and drive the mirrors did not automatically fold out. I had to stop the car and manually fold them out. Since then the side mirrors do not automatically fold in when locking the car. I wonder if there is a fuse that controls that. Or is it a function that can be reset?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65